RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok - riding out to Dover stupidly put baggy over trouser wets on - and as to be expected managed to burnt some of the material onto my rear speed* down pipe!!!.....f****&^%£££" grrrr:(

chatted it over with gav the man....decided to use betterware 'oven mate for half hour ...a gel for cleaning ovens.. instructions popo'd any ali - copper - brass, anodised, and painted surfaces...didn't say no chrome - takes 3 mins to 3 hours depending on burnt product depth - so glooped it on and left it - lost my nerve after half an hour wiped it off as instructed [biodegradable stuff] and off most of it came ..clean no really wiping at all - chrome perfect!!:D

so thought you'd like to know - over and out

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yes, thanks for the tip.

I was sitting out in my garage yesterday, coincidentally, with a heat gun and mineral spirits working hard to remove some burnt-on rubber or plastic from one of my heat shields. Got 95% of it off, but it took a lot more work than what you just described.

·
Registered
274 Posts
ok - riding out to Dover stupidly put baggy over trouser wets on - and as to be expected managed to burnt some of the material onto my rear speed* down pipe!!!.....f****&^%£££" grrrr:(

chatted it over with gav the man....decided to use betterware 'oven mate for half hour ...a gel for cleaning ovens.. instructions popo'd any ali - copper - brass, anodised, and painted surfaces...didn't say no chrome - takes 3 mins to 3 hours depending on burnt product depth - so glooped it on and left it - lost my nerve after half an hour wiped it off as instructed [biodegradable stuff] and off most of it came ..clean no really wiping at all - chrome perfect!!:D

so thought you'd like to know - over and out
VERY delia smith there tomba

·
Registered
69 Posts
I always use blue-job. Great stuff for chrome. So far everything comes off. It is quite expensive considering the amount you get in the container, I thought I was ripped off on ebay, but apparently that's all you get (not even 1/5 of the container).
If you do it by hand - it takes a while, but with polisher -should take minutes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts