RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, been enjoying the **** out of the warrior, maybe a bit too much, the other day i rode hard on the highway, and just been stupid with her around town. It was a really hot day as well, and as i idled at the light for a bit, if i gave it a bit of throttle you can noticeably see blue smoke coming out, although its not steady its only here and there after i idle for a bit and give it throttle that a small cloud comes out. Should i worry about this, oil level is fine. Its a 02 warrior with 35000 kms on it. Thanks!!

Administrator
Something for now and for future troubles: https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.firestonecompleteautocare.com/maintenance/what-is-my-exhaust-color-telling-me/

For this bike, faint blue smoke might also be caused by over-rich air:fuel. It might look bluish but still be more carbon black. Its possible that riding it hard cleaned-out the system and the injectors are unclogged from sitting over the years. If the prior owner did an ECU Bump, or tuned a fuel manager to match slightly clogged injectors, and now they are unclogged because you ride the bike hard like God intended 馃檪 so possibly it just needs air:fuel tweaked lean. It might be more black than blue.

I know its remote, but there are things that might be adjustable to solve. I would start by pulling both spark plugs from both jugs and noting position of each and its observable condition compared to a good (like NGK) Spark Plug Chart. Post pics position and details.

I would also check the oil level using the Yamaha Video inside the Welcome Mat forum. While doing that, check the motor oil for grit. When did you last change the oil and filter? If its been awhile or is gritty then go ahead and drain from both oil plugs and install fresh oil and filter and crush washers on the oil drain plugs. And check the old oil's condition carefully.

Odds are its okay based on the bike's low mileage. And the nikisil jug lining.

Its a place to start just to be certain.

Registered
If stock air silencer: Pull the fuel tank & under tank air filter & check for oil in the silencer blow by oil may be collecting in the silencer. If you find oil in the silencer there is a drain port & hose @ the left front corner of the silencer insure that the port & hose are not obstructed. Suggest Rotella T15-40 dino oil.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

Premium Member
Just for starters these guys have you pointed in the right direction. Report back after a little investigation

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Okay cool seems like I shouldn't worry to much then, i have the vbak so not sure if the silencer thing still applies, but i changed the oil in like November 2019, maybe its due for one, i changed the plugs like a couple months ago.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
?What tune do you have? Fuel computer? Ivan's ECU?
PC3 with justic map. So I havent really looked into it but i gotta do something cause it seems like it might be getting worse. I'm going to look at what churchkey said. Could it be that it just needs to be tuned properly? Im planning on going to a dyno in the next couple weeks

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so I did some more research but since i have the vbak does that cancel out the silencer option?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
If stock air silencer: Pull the fuel tank & under tank air filter & check for oil in the silencer blow by oil may be collecting in the silencer. If you find oil in the silencer there is a drain port & hose @ the left front corner of the silencer insure that the port & hose are not obstructed. Suggest Rotella T15-40 dino oil.
Hey i installed your vbak that you sold me, does that cancel out the silencer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts