·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
guys, i need help solving a problem on a 2003 warrior that has a
V&H big shots pipe. i can't seem to get the popping sound or you
may say the shotgun sound when you let the throttle out. i remove the
smog pump and plug the AIS and replace the O ring seal on the exahust.
i also took the bike at DYNO SHOP to have it tuned . took it back
about 5 to 6 times to re-adjust the caliber on the spec but popping
won't go away. it did help a bit but the shotgun sound are still there
but not as bad as it use to be.would kindly appreciate if someone could
help some input to solving the problem. thanks in advance.

P.S. bike has 6,600 miles

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
If you want to get rid of the popping then put the stock exhaust back on. I don't think you'll find many site members with after market pipes that don't get a little bit of popping. Personally I like the sound. If you try and tune it out, you'll end up with a bike that under performs.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You ether have to bump the ecu or get a power commander. O have the V&H Propipe - HC pistons, ais block off and V-Bak and she runs smooth. You will never totally eliminate the popping.

·
Registered
568 Posts
naguada916 said:
hey
guys, i need help solving a problem on a 2003 warrior that has a
V&H big shots pipe. i can't seem to get the popping sound or you
may say the shotgun sound when you  let the throttle out. i remove the
smog pump and plug the AIS and replace the O ring seal on the exahust.
i also took the bike at DYNO SHOP to have it tuned .  took it back
about 5 to 6 times to re-adjust the caliber on the spec but popping
won't go away. it did help a bit but the shotgun sound are still there
but not as bad as it use to be.would kindly appreciate if someone could
help some input to solving the problem. thanks in advance.
Take the bike out for a nice long ride. I notice mine pops more (and poorer throttle response in general) if not ridden long enough to get the engine up to operating temperature for a bit.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
slngshott said:
+1

I agree I like the sound. You can always tell if a warrior is coming.Its like a battle cry.
Agreed. Mine pops just enough to make me smile when I'm cruising in traffic. I've found (maybe just imagining it) that I can limit popping somewhat if I roll on and off the throttle very smoothly when shifting through gears. But I generally don't mind it at all.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Thats not popping.

Its a Warrior & they all have Dragon Breath.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
are you running a pc3?

our assumption is that if it was just dynod then it's running a custom map which is best in terms of power assuming it was a quality tune shop.

I tend to have a lazy throttle hand sometimes which loads up the system with fuel then BANG!! other than that I only get the occasional pop.

I'm running AMOSPRO's map...with my pc3 baselined at 0-0-0 (great advice from Woody btw!!) and she runs' strong!

I have the v&h bigshots, pc3, DIY VBAK, 31tooth and lovin it!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Even with a perfectly tuned map for the A/F, the Warrior will snap crackle pop. If you richen the map too much, the cracks will be less, but performance will suffer. A good map is one that is right on the edge of performance, and that means some popping.....I suggest you get some ear plugs, or a louder pipe

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I still have a little "pop" in mine as well but not too much. I really don't care for it myself so I just shift a little quicker to get it into the next gear and give it some throttle. The backfire usually isn't as loud as if I sit on the clutch for a while as I'm shifting gears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey guys thanks for all the respond.now that the popping is a good thing, i can ride more confident on the road thinking that here comes the WARRIOR WITH THE DRAGON BREATH.. LOL.LOL.LOL.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Personally I like driving through my old home town which is now a ZOO what with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. East Boston used to be known as Little Italy so quaint and homey. Polite people who careed about their neighbors and their community. Now I just drive through remembering those wonderful times and SETTING OFF EVERY FRIGGINALARM ON THOSE LITTLE LOW RIDERS AND WATCH AS THEY COME RUNNING OUTSIDE IN THEIR UNDERWARETO RESET THEM, WHAT A BLAST!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts