RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Tire, OEM Dunlop, 5500 miles, still has tread on it (hard rubber, straight roads :-( ), slow leak.

I am having to add air once a week, twice if I let it sit for a day between rides.

I haven't checked to see if it's a puncture on the road surface or the side wall. If side wall, I know this thread is null.

Thanks for helping me spend my money on another upgrade. Wanna go to a 210.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
@5500 i would replace

Think about your upgrade to 210 twice, you would wear out much faster. the 190 is better in twisties, the 200 is your stock size and handels great in twists and milleage but with the 210 you would be bringing the tire on to a rim that should hold a 200 wich makes that your 210 will be pressed in a bit and make your contact point with the road smaller wich will led to quicker wearout off your tire.

Djees did i put this right kind off confussed myself now...
Oh well i will just get annother beer then...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I would buy a spare now and then just keep riding it around town till the tread is gone. Adding air once a week isn't a bad leak. but keep the spare on hand in case the leak gets a little bigger.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
DFW Warrior is giving you good advice.

I had a tire with 6500 miles on it looked good and wahm - went bald. Then I had a delay in shipping a new tire. Now I keep a spare on had all the time.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I got just over 6000 on the stocker - the middle of the tread will go away real fast now that you are at 5500. Get a new one on order right away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts