RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks!

I’m looking to put some nice new shiny NGK plugs in soon for her 40th K birthday lol and I was wondering if you Warrior wizards had any tips for cleaning the area on the head near the plug hole? Besides the usual air and or pick, I was thinking maybe a solution to break up the 14 year old tar fleck and road grime. I don’t wanna drop anything down them nice big cylinders.

🤙🏽

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,752 Posts
Get a 1 liter spray bottle of Muc-Off motorcycle cleaner. Is sold in stores and online. Seriously.

Alternatively an HD shop might have pig snot. Similar.

Spray it into the dry area until very wet. Follow instructions for hose-off. Much of it will come out. Repeat if handy. Dry. Pull plugs. Be certain your new spark plugs have their crush washers in the boxes.

Use the rest of the cleaner to routinely to wash your entire ride including motor. It gets cleaner every time.

Of the two, IMHO Muc-Off is a bit better. Others say the reverse.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a 1 liter spray bottle of Muc-Off motorcycle cleaner. Is sold in stores and online. Seriously.

Alternatively an HD shop might have pig snot. Similar.

Spray it into the dry area until very wet. Follow instructions for hose-off. Much of it will come out. Repeat if handy. Dry. Pull plugs. Be certain your new spark plugs have their crush washers in the boxes.

Use the rest of the cleaner to routinely to wash your entire ride including motor. It gets cleaner every time.

Of the two, IMHO Muc-Off is a bit better. Others say the reverse.
I’ve heard about that stuff for years! Now if Mr Warrior himself recommends then I’ll definitely give it a try! Just to be clear because it seems they sure make a heck of a lot of products, I should use the standard pink bottle?

·
Premium Member
9,139 Posts
@Turd_fergusson .... S100 Total Cycle Cleaner when really dirty and a stiff tooth brush with compressed air. Be sure to wear safety glasses ;)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,752 Posts
Above I should have been more clear. Spray on dry let it sit a few minutes then dribble water into the spots and let sit a few minutes see bottle then rinse per directions and if needed repeat. Dry. Swap.

Sorry. Multitasking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts