RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another modified part on my bike.
Polished the flat faces area on the oil tank to blend it in with the chrome and other polished parts. I wasn't to sure how it would look so I did a quick edit to one of my pic and it looked cool.
The only problem with starting this was that if I messed up there was no fixing our going back.
Well I jumped on it and got it done.
It came out good.
If anyone is going to do this you need to take your time cause ultra very easy to over sand and mess up.
Later down the line I way also polish in between the face in the groves.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Man bro your on a good one. .
Looking wayy better than when I saw ur warrior last time . ...

The muffler end cap mod looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man bro your on a good one. .
Looking wayy better than when I saw ur warrior last time . ...

The muffler end cap mod looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Thank Omar.
I'm bored as heck. I've been trying to get the bike back up and nice by spending the minimum I can so most it's hands on mods like polishing and and cleaning.
I'm working on a write up for the muffler end cap mod. I'm waiting on parts you do another. After that I'll post up a how to with 3 ways ha ha.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Looks good. I like it.
You and I must be the only ones who still like chrome and shiny things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Looks really good on a dark color ride!

I painted mine + paint 1/2 way down on the other side seemed to me the rear fender looked lonesome out in the breeze all by itself.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. I like it.

It seems that way sometimes.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really good on a dark color ride!

I painted mine + paint 1/2 way down on the other side seemed to me the rear fender looked lonesome out in the breeze all by itself.

I think your bike looks better that way with the color.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Looks good. I like it.

When the sun shines on the chrome it’s deer in the headlight for me. Can’t help but love it here too!

·
Registered
827 Posts
When the sun shines on the chrome it’s deer in the headlight for me. Can’t help but love it here too!
It's a bit of work, but when you get a nice polish on it and it goes from being shiny silver to like a perfect mirror that has no color!

·
Registered
827 Posts
What did you use to strip the paint and polish that? Did you do it all by hand or did you use a die grinder or what?

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you use to strip the paint and polish that? Did you do it all by hand or did you use a die grinder or what?

Believe it or not, I used my Daughters eraser as a sanding block lol. It's done by hand from 220- 2000 grit wet sandpaper and finished with mothers polish. Gotta be careful not to go over the edges when sanding.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Registered
827 Posts
How many hours did that take?
Is this the same way you did your cam cover?
It really looks great

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How many hours did that take?
Is this the same way you did your cam cover?
It really looks great

It only took me about an hour to get it right.
You do all the foster surface first then lightly to the edges slightly to get the edge lines straight.

I did the can cover face with a rubber sanding block. But the same way. It need a touch up. Don't use degreaser on polished aluminum.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Registered
827 Posts
It only took me about an hour to get it right.
You do all the foster surface first then lightly to the edges slightly to get the edge lines straight.

I did the can cover face with a rubber sanding block. But the same way. It need a touch up. Don't use degreaser on polished aluminum.

Rudy Jeremias
Thanks. I may give it's try!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Your posts have been quite inspiring Rudy, thank you! The mod bug is in full effect for me this winter, in addition to all the stuff I'm adding and taking off the bike I'm also getting into all the maintenance and little details I've neglected over the years outside of changing the oil. After seeing your posts on what polished aluminum can look like when properly taken care of and maintained, I knew I had to get into it and start taking care of the nasty oxidized parts. Last week I took a 4 1/2" hole saw to my front pulley cover and removed the center and for the last couple weeks I've been watching videos and reading articles on sanding and polishing aluminum. So much so lately that my lady was on the phone with her brother in NYC last night and when he asked what I was up to she responded, in a loving and smart a$$ tone, "he's probably watching more videos of sanding and polishing motorcycle parts." I can't wait to get this mod finished then its off to my foot controls, engine fins and clutch cover.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts