RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,395 Posts
The Oil Tank looks really neat and I like the dark contrast of the unpolished bullet surface that coordinates with the polished decompression cover and cam cover 102.

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your posts have been quite inspiring Rudy, thank you! The mod bug is in full effect for me this winter, in addition to all the stuff I'm adding and taking off the bike I'm also getting into all the maintenance and little details I've neglected over the years outside of changing the oil. After seeing your posts on what polished aluminum can look like when properly taken care of and maintained, I knew I had to get into it and start taking care of the nasty oxidized parts. Last week I took a 4 1/2" hole saw to my front pulley cover and removed the center and for the last couple weeks I've been watching videos and reading articles on sanding and polishing aluminum. So much so lately that my lady was on the phone with her brother in NYC last night and when he asked what I was up to she responded, in a loving and smart a$$ tone, "he's probably watching more videos of sanding and polishing motorcycle parts." I can't wait to get this mod finished then its off to my foot controls, engine fins and clutch cover.
Cool bro, thanks for noticing the work I've been doing. These polished parts can stay looking good with a quick polisher here and there. They'll stay nice without any polish for some time especially if the bike is parked inside a shed or garage.
Check out my gallery of other parts I've done on my bike and Joeyallessi bike aswell. It makes a big difference that's for sure. That's cool your putting hands on as it seems not many are anymore, keep up the work your doing and it'll pay off. That wife thing is funny lol. It sound like mine some years back when I was checking out vids also.
Albums below-
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/members/48761-albums6570.html

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/members/48761-albums12388.html

Rudy Jeremias

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It seems like someone has a part-time job starting up. Maybe like a polish-return.
Ha ha right...
I've been doing the recent stuff completely by hand. I'd like to get my table buffer out to make it easier and shinier but I think it's fine as is.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Oil Tank looks really neat and I like the dark contrast of the unpolished bullet surface that coordinates with the polished decompression cover and cam cover 102.

Thanks Alan, I'm surprised you noticed the decomp cover. I wasn't sure if it stood out like I origionally thought when I first polished the fin edges on it.
I kept the groved area on the oil tank for that reason you mentioned, contrast. It breaks things up aswell as to not be to 'chrome' looking.

Rudy Jeremias

21 - 28 of 28 Posts