RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have had both and prefer the 2-1 exhaust.
Preferably the Propipe.

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk
Thank you, that helps. I want to change my exhaust at some point because the quick mod I did won't last too long. For 2-1 I really like the freedom performance, and the monster pro pipe (but that's mainly due to the low cost). For 2-2 I'm torn between the V&H big shots and the Hard Krome American classic II.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Thank you, that helps. I want to change my exhaust at some point because the quick mod I did won't last too long. For 2-1 I really like the freedom performance, and the monster pro pipe (but that's mainly due to the low cost). For 2-2 I'm torn between the V&H big shots and the Hard Krome American classic II.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Freedom Performance doesn't make pipes for the Warrior, even though some sites say they do.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Way too many people have moved into the Bay Area, CA that absolutely cannot drive (safely). Loud pipes (w/torque cones) keep them aware of my presence.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
It looks like MY00141, MY00142, and MY00143 fit the warrior. Is this not true? If that's the case that sort of narrows down my options a bit lol
Note that those are listed for the regular Road Star also, which is what they actually fit. Other members have ordered them only to have to return them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Personally I think you can just go to loud with pipes and it's not that it's obnoxious but more it sounds rubbish and you end up upsetting the power balance with the engine torc
No baffle you get plop plop plop plop at idle I don't like the sound of plop lol
But each to there own

In the pic I run a yoshimura from a gsxr 1000 and that is just about wright
When you pull on the handle the noise is loud but at idle you can hear the engine as much as the pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, there I am, riding down the road, minding my own business...

Pull away from a red light with inner city traffic. As I approach the next red light, this yuppy in a bmw starts fighting traffic to get beside me. I brace for the onslaught as he pulls up on my right and rolls his window down.

"Man! That bike is quiet! Why is it so quiet?"

I point down at the blindingly shiny chrome, so-huge-you-can't-miss-it, stock water cooler and say, "It's a muffler."

"You gotta make that thing louder so people will hear you coming."

That's a first. I've never heard anyone complain about a bike being too quiet before.

I have no problem with louder than stock, but there is a point where it is just too much.
If you are waking up the neighbors when you leave in the morning, it might be too loud.
If you can't hear the cop's sirens over your bike, it might be too loud.
If OSHA is telling you to wear ear muffs, it might be too loud.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I love the sound of my loud Big Shots but I don't think I'll be fined by OSHA but maybe the neighborhood HOA if I don't idle in and out :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I like to hear my bike. I would say that I'm a loud pipe guy. it makes the bike feel more powerful and more fun to me. I like a loud idle. that being said "loud" really is a relative term. ive been beside bikes in traffic that were so loud I felt like walking over and punching the guy in the face. there is a big difference between loud and ear damaging. my hard chrome pipes are loudish but not nearly as loud as I would like.

·
Registered
75 Posts
04' Warrior with VH Propipe. I blew the baffle out one day during a ride. Maybe 4 years ago? Never replaced it or even thought to for a second. It is grumbly and the tone matchs the bikes character 100% If I could quite it down and keep that tone I would consider. I love/hate setting off car alarms though. Surprisingly my cousins Harley 883 idles louder than my warrior but that's about the only time. I love starting it with the throttle cracked just a little.-Especially with a good looking girl behind it. They always jump when it belches to life.

The only issue I have, I need help with it currently from an older gentleman. He has an attached garage-I'm not so sure he or his wife are going to appreciate it...I looked into buying a baffle a few days ago-but...nah

It is definitely obnoxiously loud. But I've never heard someone say it doesn't sound good

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Gotta say loud to very loud is my usual set up, but I recently changed jobs to and have to take call in an OR/Trauma environment, and have to be able to take a call driving home in case I am called back. I put on my quieter 2-1 Roadhouse, which has a very deep sound, and can hear the call now! Mostly wind noise is the problem, but I love the loud, un-baffled Sampsons best. Nothing like loud pipes, and as long as you are not an A**hole, the neighbors are OK, no complaints rolling out at 5AM! I may put them back on soon...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like stock. Not a troll. Not 105 years old. I just don't really like loud. I worry about my hearing. And I think the stock pipe, say what you want about the love it hate it appearance, but I think it sounds excellent in all truth on this bike.

My bike was bought with bigshots on it and I didn't really even want to ride it that way. I was worried my condo neighbors were going to call the cops. All sort of baffles really did very little for me. I went back to stock on purpose.

I hope people still like me. Hey wait...I do run on the dark side. Maybe that will up my cool... ?. LOL

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like loud pipes. I don't like a**holes who have loud pipes. Especially if I'm conducting a motor vehicle stop and someone whacks the throttle open right as they're beside me as I'm speaking to a motorist. That's a sure fire way to get a "fix-it" ticket, you gotta pay the fine, report to DMV within 20 days with your stock or quiet pipe (if you still even got it) and get a pass or you get your registration suspended........get pulled driving with a suspended reg, you get arrested......

That being said.......my SuperDuke pipes are what my wife describes as "obnoxious". The warrior wears V&H bigshots w/baffles. All of my other bikes except one have stock pipes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree with alot of people on here that there is a point of obnoxious. I run these v&h and they sound good. I leave out early mornings and i dont rev. Some people can be a$$holes and be extra loud and rev the **** out of it and i wonder what are you proving other than you are a d!ck.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I like loud-ish pipes. I love the sound of my warrior with Cobra Speedstar pipes and my Kawasaki with her Muzzy 4-1 with cf can, but I can't stand the racket created by Harleys with unbaffled pipes, or Japanese 4s with open pipes or gutted cans

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I don't like them crazy loud - but recently, when filtering through miles of heavy traffic with the water heater on the bike, I felt really nervous. Looking forward to getting the big shots fitted. Loud is good!

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I agree with alot of people on here that there is a point of obnoxious. I run these v&h and they sound good. I leave out early mornings and i dont rev. Some people can be a$$holes and be extra loud and rev the **** out of it and i wonder what are you proving other than you are a d!ck.
I agree, there is no real evidence that loud pipes save lives, in fact maybe a few people have even lost their life for loud pipes, lol (at least made a lot of enemies) That being said I don't like stock pipes either. I like it when the rumble in my garage shakes the dishes in my kitchen cabinets, to me the deeper, the mellower, the better! I went through 3 or 4 pipes on my Warrior before I settled on a bas-tart Hardchrome set, just a tad bit louder and deeper than the V&H's. They were also the same length with quiet baffles after cutting them, thus the staggered appearance.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 46 Posts