• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About eBay Ad Forums:

Currently all members worldwide post and read the eBay ads in one international forum. As the EU membership continues to grow, the idea of a separate eBay forum for the EU countries has been gaining traction. This proposed forum would have benefits and detriments that members should decide amongst themselves first. Because many eBay ads are international this decision will effect members in all countries, thererfore all members can have a say in this Poll.

On the one hand, a separate home for EU threads will generally make things easier for EU members assuming there's no need to look into the international eBay forum too often. On the other hand, it will mean that all members will need to look in more than one eBay forum to view everything that might be available to their country.

This poll is to help determine how many members would prefer a new 'eBay EU' forum.
Your 'Yes' vote means you like the idea of separate eBay forums.
Your 'No' vote means you prefer to leave things as they are with one international forum.

There is no promise or assurance this new forum will be approved, but this information is needed to decide if the Moderators committee should look into it and develop the idea further.

Note there is also a similar Poll developed for Australia.

What say ye?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I voted yes.

As far as I can see, it would be an advantage to those of us in Europe to be able to have a seperate "ebay items for sale" forum.
Although we CAN shop on ebay US, the majority of stuff (particularly the larger items for obvious reasons),
is not actually available to us and in many cases the shipping makes it unobtainable.
A forum that allows us to point out items (that we are not personally selling) AND bring our own items to the attention of the membership would be a good thing.
This would not stop anyone from using/watching the other "ebay items for sale" thread,
but would help to focus on items more readilly available in Europe. (Particularly when it comes to bikes)

Note: I am a strong believer that forum members should always offer warrior related items on this site before using ebay.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I voted yes.

As far as I can see, it would be an advantage to those of us in Europe to be able to have a seperate "ebay items for sale" forum.
Although we CAN shop on ebay US, the majority of stuff (particularly the larger items for obvious reasons),
is not actually available to us and in many cases the shipping makes it unobtainable.
A forum that allows us to point out items (that we are not personally selling) AND bring our own items to the attention of the membership would be a good thing.
This would not stop anyone from using/watching the other "ebay items for sale" thread,
but would help to focus on items more readilly available in Europe. (Particularly when it comes to bikes)

Note: I am a strong believer that forum members should always offer warrior related items on this site before using ebay.

ok i'm with jarv ...he sometimes seems to know the answers :D...and here's the proof prof

vote - yes ditto

·
Administrator
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Although the poll numbers are small we think there's enough interest in a separate eBay UK forum that it'll grow over time. I'm actually surprised we didn't see more from our brothers on the Continent, so it seems possible that not all countries have local eBay advertising yet. That gave us another idea.

Just to let everyone know where we are on this, we are currently considering adding an entire separate EU-Classifieds section because it seems like the other classifieds would be more handy to have than just the eBay forum alone. We will have a decision within a few days and will get the new area opened right after. Hang in there another week.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Although the poll numbers are small we think there's enough interest in a separate eBay UK forum that it'll grow over time. I'm actually surprised we didn't see more from our brothers on the Continent, so it seems possible that not all countries have local eBay advertising yet. That gave us another idea.

Just to let everyone know where we are on this, we are currently considering adding an entire separate EU-Classifieds section because it seems like the other classifieds would be more handy to have than just the eBay forum alone. We will have a decision within a few days and will get the new area opened right after. Hang in there another week.

YAY! :cool:

·
Administrator
28,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Okay we're going to start growing the EU Classifieds from a middle ground. In the same way that starting with just an 'ebay' forum didn't make sense, starting with a complete mirror classifieds doesn't make sense either. So the crossroads of the two is where we will start.

There will be one new forum in The Marketplace named 'EU Classifieds' where all EU ads will go, so while the forum is finding it's sea-legs it might help if everyone voluntarily uses a thread Title to communicate contents: 'WTS' or 'WTB' or 'WTT' or 'eBay' for example. Its possible to use the EDIT and GO ADVANCED buttons to re-title. Appropriate sub-forums can be added later as the number of EU ads increases, and at that time the thread titles would help determine what sub-forum(s) are most necessary.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts