RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my winter mods was is to create a ride side cover for my midnight. So I drew a few up and want our HONEST opinions. Plan on using 1/4" steel and will bolt to the factory mounts where the red dots are. The cross i don't think I will make it long enough to mount below like the other 2. Also if anyone's interested in one of them I'm looking to make some quick $$$ for my other mods. They would be bare metal so you could have them powdercoated, chromed, painted to your likings which will make them VERY CHEAP!!!!!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Re: possible R side covers....

Looks kind of gaudy, IMHO. I would suggest making them out of aluminum, instead of steel, just for the weight factor. Personally, I prefer the carbon fiber scoop, on the right side.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm just going with steel cause I'm not sure where I get some aluminum and I assume? it's cheaper, that and it's going to end up being black no matter what so not to concerned about polishing.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

I don't think any of the three look quite ready to be on a bike as they are. I see where the bottom one came from but it's as if the original design was distorted and pulled all out of proportion or something. Just copy it and be done if that's what you like.

I agree that Jermacle has a really nice one. Small enough to still see what should be seen and the design is nice and symetrical without any blockyor thick areas. Does thatmake sense?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

lol don't worry these aren't the templates I'm going to use.... just quick sketches. Yeah the bottom one is a copy that I drew up and my least favorite to be honest.

I will definitely agree Jremacle and Buckey have some great products!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts

I don't know. All of these templates look like a batman logo to me. If your looking to build a superhero themed bike it'd be cool. But I don't like it. Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I prefer a scoop

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

Scoper50 said:
I don't know. All of these templates look like a batman logo to me. If your looking to build a superhero themed bike it'd be cool. But I don't like it. Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. I prefer a scoop
+1

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

You can get aluminum at the same place you'd get steel. Most any fabricator would have it, or I often pic up scrap pieces at the local aluminum boat builder.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

I'd say pick one & stick with making it look it best. Those fellas make nice stuff no doubt, but be original. I've got the Baron's flame teardrop & wish I didn't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts