RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 7th bike almost a year ago and told myself I would never ride again since im married now and I have too many hobbies as it is. Well i sold a bunch of stuff and now have space in the garage that seems to fit a bike perfectly lol.

I have always wanted a warrior ever since I started riding but always ended up with sport bikes until my back started hurting and switched over to naked bikes and sport tourers. My favorites being the FZ07 Ninja 1000 so far. I have never had a cruiser but always wanted to see what that life was all about since I dont go fast really anymore and none of my friends still ride.

Looking at an 07 warrior tonight and a yamaha bolt. I really cant decide between the two which one i want. Afraid the warrior might be too much since im not used to a cruiser but at the same time im not a new rider either. If i had it my way I would purchase a warrior with a fat tire kit already installed since that is one of my goals but Im weary of shipping bikes I havent seen in person and SoCal warrior life seems pretty small.

Anyways we will see what happens! Only two local warriors to choose from hah

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Welcome from SoCal....

Get a warrior....

With the type of bikes you've ridden before
You wont be happy with the Bolt...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from SoCal....

Get a warrior....

With the type of bikes you've ridden before
You wont be happy with the Bolt...

This is what I was thinking. I will test drive it before purchasing but for tonight just looking since i dont have a ride home yet.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Desert boy is right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im located I'm San Diego. Just got back from looking at 3 bikes. Two yamaha bolts looked great in pictures but I person had lots of rust and dings.

The warrior was many years older and looked pristine, showroom new nothing even slightly faded or scratched. He let me take it around the parking lot without gear and I was pretty wobbly and uneasy. The forward controls and completely different handling had me confused lol.

Overall I was only in first gear and could feel the power. Im curious if the uneasiness would take long to overcome. This bike was mint....... only downside was its registered out of state which means I have to take a chance and verify vins etc after purchase.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didnt talk about what all was done to it but it seems like some good mods. Price was kind of high at $4800 but it was the newest looking 2007 I have ever seen.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
It's got some V/H Pipes...
SpeedStar Air cleaner
Looks like passenger lowered pegs....
And Fender Eliminater
And a Integrated taillight.....

Over all clean bike...

I get out to San Diego occasionally....

Maybe broaden your Search...

I drove all the way To Oakland to get mine

·
Registered
376 Posts
That’s a nice looking Warrior, how many miles on the clock ? Not living in the US I can only go by what I have read on the forum and you can’t go wrong with the knowledge base the members have. I came back to riding after 35years and the Harley I came back in was a heap of do do. So when I was looking at replacing the HD I searched for weeks and then I saw this bike I had to have. I didn’t know what a Warrior was, but I knew Yamaha. Yes it was a learning curve, but so is getting married. Despite all I’m so happy that I have my 05. Plus anybody can own a Bolt, but not everyone can own a Warrior.

·
Registered
965 Posts
That's a nice-looking Warrior. It's got a couple of nice little mods but not heavily modded so you can start with a pretty clean slate. 4800 not out of the question especially if the tires are not old.
I'm pretty certain those are the stock controls. You'll get used to him real fast coming from a sportbike they're well placed to have good control and comfortable on the highway without being so far forward that you feel uncomfortable on the bike. I had a Honda Shadow ACE with 9" forward controls and it was like driving your recliner around really comfortable on the highway but definitely nerve racking in the parking lots.
How many miles on it and what other maintenance has been done recently like brake fluid changes or fork oil changes gear oil changes that with the tires are all things you could use to work the price down a little bit. But if you like it buy it or look around they come up for sale now and again in good condition. Especially if you're willing to travel a little bit. Will help you find the right one but I wouldn't be afraid of buying that bike

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The guy has some serious buyers so I'm not sure it will last long. Have some thinking to do today until after work.

This guys friend has a bike shop and he said all maintenance is up to date 12k miles on it and brand new rear tire, he put on but the bike has been sitting in the garage for a long time after the new tire. I just googled how to check the oil, what a pain lol.

I think I may go scoop it up, I broadened my search and did find a few midnight warriors I liked but at higher prices and two hours out.

The only thing im worried about is the loud exhaust and my retired HOA complaining neighbors............ they report me for everything they possibly can. Wish the stock exhaust wasnt so UGLY.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Their Vance and Hines bigshots and they do come with removable baffles. You can also purchase quiet baffles for them.

Thank you I will look into it if I purchase it.

There is a bike for sale in the marketplace with 55k miles but super clean and modded similar to what I would want by Alanh. Cost would be more because of shipping ahd I am not the biggest fan of lots of chrome personally but it looks like a sweet bike even though it has 55k miles.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That is a clean looking Warrior and it also has an aftermarket seat.
Like most motorcycles respect the bike and learn as you and you should be fine.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thank you I will look into it if I purchase it.

There is a bike for sale in the marketplace with 55k miles but super clean and modded similar to what I would want by Alanh. Cost would be more because of shipping ahd I am not the biggest fan of lots of chrome personally but it looks like a sweet bike even though it has 55k miles.
Chrome bits are hard to come by these days and myself and a few others here will buy most of them or trade ours for yours.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran a VIN check and its clean title and no theft but im not sure what happens to the back reg since it was registered in a different state but has not been paid since 2016. I think and I hope I wouldnt have to pay that, I would assume not since State DMVs dont talk to each other.

Since it hasnt been driving really except around the block for so many years, other then tire and oil engine should be good since it isnt water cooled right?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I would do a brake fluid flush ez to do..

And Transfer case oil change too....

The with the new Tires n oil change
Will be go to go...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well bought the bike tonight. Few things it is not Vance exhaust it is muzzy exhaust. Sounds great but too loud for me. I dont know if there is a baffle out there but I want it or I want to trade exhausts with someone.

It was easy to ride not sure why I was nervous lol. I keep searching for pegs under me especially doing my first u turn haha. And freeway ride home I wasnt sure how to position my feet or my legs I kept gripping the tank with my legs and trying to put the balls of my feet on the pegs which fatigued me. So then I loosened up and my legs got blasted and I had a hard time keep the feet on the pegs.

So need to break my sportbike habits for sure. I also had a hard time reaching the shift lever, I think its bent combined with short legs.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Well Congratz on getting your warrior..

Yes the shift lever is bent some...

And you can buy baffles that can take some of the noise down from the exhaust

1 - 20 of 42 Posts