·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well Congratz on getting your warrior..

Yes the shift lever is bent some...

And you can buy baffles that can take some of the noise down from the exhaust

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I will look into baffles, maybe generic ones and measure the pipes.

On the search for a passenger back seat and some way to prop the bike up in th garage to give me more walking by space.

I had the hardest time getting the gas safety thing to engage when putting in gas tonight. Had to hold it by hand, is there a trick or something? Tried left and right approach

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Congrats on the new ride. Yes shift lever is bent. I’ve seen straighter boomerangs.
Hahah thank you. I bent it back into place, much better experience. Tires were super low got those up to 36f 40r. Now off to the dmv to get this thing registered. Looking like a 2 hour wait

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
Congrats!

A good resource for baffles based on pipe size. The QQ series is there quietest one. They're very helpful on the phone but I think they shut down for the month of July at least they used to historically so don't delay in giving them a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congrats!

A good resource for baffles based on pipe size. The QQ series is there quietest one. They're very helpful on the phone but I think they shut down for the month of July at least they used to historically so don't delay in giving them a call.

Emailed them pics and measurements. If they dont respond I will call as well. Thank you!

Rode this bike all day I'm extremely glad I got this over the bolt. Such a fun ride, the exhaust sounds like a monster.

Having trouble finding neutral at lights sometimes. Have any tips?

·
Premium Member
8,759 Posts
……….………..
Having trouble finding neutral at lights sometimes. Have any tips?
………...
Clutch cable adjustment most likely.
  • Make the adjustment when the engine is cold!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

I will try this thank you seems easy enough.

Already got compliments from a few Harley riders at the dmv. They couldnt believe it was a 1700cc motor lol.

I didnt realize parts were so hard to find for this bike. Even lots of aftermarket stuff seems to be discontinued from most manufacturers.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Most OEM parts can be found at Partzilla.com. aftermarket stuff is drying up. Be wary of anyplace especially on ebay that says their exhaust fits the warrior and other roadstars. The warrior is unique in many ways.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What would I look for to see if I have been lowered? I see pictures of factory warriors and my rear end sits much lowe

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm so happy for you !
I went from a triumph Bonneville T120 to a 09 Warrior about month ago. I was just amazed and exited !
Feet placement took a bit to remember too. I kind of feel like I have to hold my feet onto the pegs rather than put them there and stay by their weight.
I bought a backrest for the driver section of the stock seat and wider foot pegs, will install next week. Hope to keep my but in the seat closer to the tank, hope it helps with the feet feeling planted and secure + plus something for my lower back. Perhaps a seat with a deeper sculpted out area would be just as good. I'm 5-11

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm so happy for you !
I went from a triumph Bonneville T120 to a 09 Warrior about month ago. I was just amazed and exited !
Feet placement took a bit to remember too. I kind of feel like I have to hold my feet onto the pegs rather than put them there and stay by their weight.
I bought a backrest for the driver section of the stock seat and wider foot pegs, will install next week. Hope to keep my but in the seat closer to the tank, hope it helps with the feet feeling planted and secure + plus something for my lower back. Perhaps a seat with a deeper sculpted out area would be just as good. I'm 5-11
Thank you and congrats to you as well!

I have been riding it all week and I need to go to an empty parking lot to sort of relearn balancing especially for slow movement. I'm used to putting weight on the pegs and standing up and shifting butt cheeks but this position is not as easy. Then again I can always put both feet on the ground.

You might like the seat I have. I have a yamaha stilleto seat and I feel like it puts me further back then needed for me at 5' 7" lol.

I have a corbin dual tour seat on the way I picked up for the misses to ride with me. I will give you my feedback on that as well.

Let me know how the wider pegs workout. I was thinking of mini floor boards eventually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel that leaning back a bit and stretching out the arms feels better than a partial crouch like in the triumph. I like the sitting "in" the bike rather than "on" it.
I might rotate the bars back to get a closer reach and to lean back with feet still feeling planted.
On turning, just practice being smooth and trust the bike, your feet are still close to the ground if need be, im still figuring it out too
Just sit back and rotate the throttle and smile !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I feel that leaning back a bit and stretching out the arms feels better than a partial crouch like in the triumph. I like the sitting "in" the bike rather than "on" it.
I might rotate the bars back to get a closer reach and to lean back with feet still feeling planted.
On turning, just practice being smooth and trust the bike, your feet are still close to the ground if need be, im still figuring it out too
Just sit back and rotate the throttle and smile !
I started scrapping a lot lol im used to much more lean so my pegs might wear out. Also noticed my bike is lowered somehow in the rear so that took away some clearance as well but man I love the look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check for some extensions where the swing arm connects, that lower the rear swing arm.
An aftermarket spring is a little shorter that might lower the rear, or the tire itself.

Next you'll want to buy a Raider.
I did :)
The Warrior is in southern tuscon and the Raider is in tacoma.
The Triumph needs a home.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Posting this in case someone else has this problem but you were correct. Adjusting this correctly made it easy to find neutral. Not sure how the PO rode like that for so long.

Thank you!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That's great you got it registered! How did the fees come out since the PO had not kept tags up to date?
Surprisingly easy. I just paid regular taxes on purchase price and registration. The dmv paid no attention to the 3 year expired plates. Vin verification was easy, just a 3 hour wait since covid. If I had known it would be so east I would have seriously considered outside CA purchase. Only rule is it has to have over 7500 miles on it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Awesome and good to know! I have purposefully avoided out of state licensed vehicles for the same reason.
Oh one thing though if its salvaged title or theft it is near impossible. And other states it's hard to tell since the title could show clean but not actually be clean. I ended up paying $30 for a vin check just to be sure and it stated everything was all good.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts