RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are too many random threads with postings about transmission parts arriving at various locations around the country. How about using this as the primary posting area for:
1) CONFIRMED Reports of Parts Received At Dealers , and
2) Reports of Completed Bikes After Recall Repairs Finished.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I posted elsewhere, put will post here. For the people up north, Parts are arriving in Edmonton, Alberta Canada (Argyll Motorsports). Two kits, confirmed as Warrior kits...more arriving later this week (Thursday / Friday)
Will post here as soon as bike is completed - my bike goes in today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep the good news coming. I'm heading down to my dealer on Saturday to check on delivery status. Yamaha corporate rep told me they were sent for priority delivery. If the parts are not in, I'm taking my bike home anyway. Can't take the waiting any more!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I was at the dealer picking up my new seat yesterday and they showed me a letter from Yamaha saying the parts would not be in until late April, And they would ship them 2nd day air.

·
Registered
683 Posts
my parts are in and mt bike headed to the dealer today,should have it back by next weekend, i hope.this is my only form of transportation so i am pretty happy that mine is going in.dealer has gone out of his way to expedite my parts for this reason,though i tried several times to get thru to the phone # to make this happen it seems like it always fell on deaf ears.i stpped by my dealer this week and he said he would call them himself,next thing i know 2 days later and dealer calls me wanting to know how soon i can get my bike in.could be coincidence but maybe not.could just be the parts are starting to filter in.i will keep you posted as to the final results.

maybe 1 of the forum moderators could put a sticky on this topic so it doesn't get buried and so all the info could be kept on 1 thread

later

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the positive update! There's been so much negative energy dumped into the forums about this recall, maybe a new trend of "good news" postings on this thread will start to turn things around a bit.

Hey DarkStar: Does this rate a sticky?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
This is my first post on this forum. I am very glad to see that parts are being shipped. My o2 warrior has been in the shop here in eastern ky for 6 weeks. I was told this past Monday by my dealer that he has packing list and my parts have been mailed to them. Should have them this week. hope to be on the warrior next week.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THINGS JUST GOT A WHOLE LOT BETTER! Got the call today that the parts arrived in yesterday's shipment. They started on my bike yesterday and finished it today. Tonight she sleeps in my garage, recall kit install complete. While the engine was apart I had them put in the SpeedStar Stage IV, BAK, and finished it all off with a set of staggered Rineharts (Jug Huggers did not fit, sending them back). Crawling up Yamaha's hiney seems to have done the trick. (It also helps to have a team at the dealership that has more concern for their customers than the corporate boys do. Big thanks to Dave, Will and the parts counter team!) Also, thanks to everyone on this forum for the united voice. I wish you all the success that I have experienced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tuesday made my weekly call to dealer...My parts not in yet, no idea when. Finally got through to Yamaha Corporate customer service, explained that I'm going to Laughlin next month and would really like to get my bike fixed and put a few miles on it before then. She said she'd send a note to 'parts' and tell them I had a trip planned...but no promises...Three days later, I get the call! My parts are in! Bike goes in tomorrow.... [8D]

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
good news ORWarrior and Coyote_Warrior. Parts a trickling in. Stopped by and saw my box of recall parts in shop. Now just waiting on the OE 108 big bore kit, and into the shop my warrior goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was first on the list at my dealer here in Denver. My parts showed up Wed. Brought bike in yesterday. Went in tonight after hours (since I know the owner) saw my baby gutted and the engine on the workbench mostly torn down. Outside chance kit and new pistons will be installed tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 50s and 60s for the next week. Life would be good if I could pick her up tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed tightly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was first on the list at my dealer here in Denver. My parts showed up Wed. Brought bike in yesterday. Went in tonight after hours (since I know the owner) saw my baby gutted and the engine on the workbench mostly torn down. Outside chance kit and new pistons will be installed tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 50s and 60s for the next week. Life would be good if I could pick her up tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed tightly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's confirmed kit #2 installation in Colorado. Yamaha is finally making it happen, baby. Keep the faith. Keep the success stories coming!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
quote:Originally posted by GeoWar2

This might sound petty, but is yamaha covering the oil and filter after the recall assembly?

I was wondering that too.
Called my dealer today...no parts yet, back ordered they say and no
idea when they'll be here. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]
Joe

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I asked the same of my dealer and got the same response you got jimr. They should cover the cost, I mean that is only fair. But then again, from what I have heard, some dealers are not the easiest to deal with, or flexible, and some guys are getting screwed. Man that sucks!!

1 - 20 of 202 Posts