RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the left down tube there appears to be two vent hoses, I'm getting a single drop of oil out of one vent tube when parked overnight. Don't seem to get more than a single drop. Didn't notice it happening before the recall. Anyone know what these vents are? I thought they were tank vents...but not with oil coming out them... Rest of the motor is tight..no drips, weeps or leaks...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are two lines that come out from under the tank on the left side of the back bone, they are zip tied to the back of the left down tube and end near the left foot peg. One line has a "pcv valve" looking plastic fitting inline near the front of the tank... I'm assuming a 'one way' valve of some kind.. One line appears 'dry', the other has oily residue at the end and is the one that has the oil drip...If it was overflow from the tank it would evaporate...this is definately oil.... I did just fill the tank before parking it...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sounds like it was gas tank over flow. Maybe there was oil on the end of the line and the gas flushed it out. Pull the tank and follow the lines up and make sure they didn't hook them up to something crazy. Did it do it again?

·
Registered
702 Posts
ORWarrior - I have had the same issue before. I agree, it looks to be a fuel tank line but it had oil coming from it. What is the deal guys? Anyone else have this happen?

It is only one or two drops over night, especially after a hard ride.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
#1: smell it.
Those lines exit from the gas tank and there's no oil in there. It's a check valve/breather and an overflow line. Gas is made from crude afterall so it's no suprise it looks like oil but it's not. Mine has left residue on the engine case and the frame and it's not an issue, especially not due the recall work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I guess I'm paranoid.. I had a small puddle of oil under the bike the day after I brought it home, apparently due to a poor clean up job...so I've been watching it pretty close. I thought those lines were for the fuel tank vent and overflow from the cap area... Tonight, it seems fine. Guess you can chalk me up to a well done recall repair. No leaks, runs great...We're baaaaakk!..Next stop.... Laughlin!!!! Good luck to those 'who wait'!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts