RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can't post large, high res, images up there they take up way to much disk space.

Shrink your pictures down to roughly 800x600px at 72dpi.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys...need some help. I want to post some hi definition pics of my bike in the gallery and in a post. Problem is my pics files are too large for posting. I have the Kodak Easyshare software but can't seem to get that to work for what I need. Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Rich B.

·
Registered
124 Posts
CarKnee,
Thanks for the reply. Being not at all familiar with this shrinking photo business (just bought first digital camera)...where or how do I do this? Do I need to take new pictures at lower resolution? I appreciate your help!
Rich B.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If you can't get you Photo-editing software (that came with your camera) to resize your picture.

You can use MicroSoft Paint to enlarge or shrink the picture.

Open MS Paint (comes with all MS Windows)
Open picture
Goto [Image] on the tool bar, Select [Stretch/Skew]
To decrease the size of the picture. Enter a number less than 100 in the Horizontal & Vertical (stretch) boxes the exact same amount. For example, to make it 1/2 the size smaller, enter 50 in both Horizontal and Vertical boxes in the Stretch section (not Skew section).
To check the size of the photo press [CTRL] + E = will tell you the size of the picture.
You can resize it more, or if you got it down to the size you want.
Save the picture under a different name. That way you don't save over the Hi-res version of the photo.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Rbusacco, all photo software has a way to reduce or enlarge an image's size. You just have to find it. Open your images in your Kodak Easyshare software and look for a way to edit your photo's size. The command you're looking for will be either "resize", "size", "resolution", "scale" or something to that extent. Click on that and reduce your pictures size to about 800 pixels wide, the height will change proportionally by itself. Then save the picture in jpg or jpeg format, if it isn't already. All the tools you need should already be in the software that came with your camera. Good luck.

BTW, 800 pixels may not be hi-resolution but it will still be almost as large as most people's monitors.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks to all for your feedback. I am learning quickly. Found resizing option in Easyshare software so will give that a try. Meanwhile slothy is resizing some hd photos I emailed him so that I can get my gallery going. Thanks again to all!
Rich B.

·
Registered
467 Posts
irfanview.com

This is the best little photo manipulation software out there. Nothing extra fancy, just all the basics in a 1mb download. Batch re-naming, re-sizing made easy and a few other goodies. If you've ever seen the "splat red cat" on a JPG image before, that is Irfanview.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts