RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get the threads that we post in marked with a special icon? I think this is the only msg board I'm on that doesn't mark any threads I post in. Sometimes it makes for a confusing night when I'm browsing half-way tired..

I sometimes click on threads not knowing if I participated in them or not.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
On another forum I'm on, any thread you participate in is checkmarked on the folder icon. This has just been implemented a few weeks ago and it SURE makes things easier to navigate for me. If a thread isn't marked, I generally don't bother with it.

I know that the coding should allow for this, unfortunately, I am not the programmer type and am not sure what/how the code would need to be changed..

One more thing... I'm having difficulty with the Subscribe to this topic icon. Part of the time, it's there, part of the time it isn't. I also notice that the subscribe link once a thread is open is sometimes there, sometimes not. Or, maybe I'm on crack... Anyone else notice this?

BTW, Using W2k Pro.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Subscriptions are only activated for certain forums on this site. Subscriptions use a lot of resources on the server, therefore they are limited. Your suggestion would also use a lot of resources. Bells and whistles are cool, but a stable site is better.

quote:If a thread isn't marked, I generally don't bother with it.

Your gonna miss out on a lot.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
sangathor,

I'm still in the process of reading old threads... trying to soak up what I can. I'm new, granted, but I think that the resources needed to checkmark threads participated in could easily be gained by the removal of imagery in the .sig file.

This may or may not have been brought up before, I didn't bother to go thru the thread re: .sig files, I just happened to thknk of it while replying to this particular post. I'm on cable and I notice that the pages load much slower than other forums I participate in. I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm simply making a reference to what I've noticed. I think that part of reason to the slow loading is the graphic files associated with the .sig files.

Just my observation.. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
RR, signatures do not reside on the server, they are called from remote locations (wherever you host your own images). Not to mention sig files are limited to only 10k so you definately shouldn't be having problems with them on a cable modem.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
sangathor,

Didn't know that the sig files were remotely called for. I know just enough about PC's to be dangerous. I do, however, need to check into the load speed on my machine. Maybe it's just my machine. I just had an XP3200 built that I use at work. I don't even have a modem in the **** thing, and there is no network, or cable access at work. I may just bring that machien howm and play with it a little to see where the problem may be. I don't have any spyware inflicting my machine tahnks to Ad-Aware 6.0... so.... I'll monitor it and see what happens.. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Thanks for the replies..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts