RS Warrior Forum banner

Potential new owner

2K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  skeeterwholf 
#1 ·
Brand new here so go easy at first...

I've been a Warrior admirer from afar ever since my buddy rode up on an '05 last year. However, I had sportbike fever and bought an '04 R1. First let me say, I LOVE the R1. It's power is intoxicating. But I've found myself north of 12k RPM's and 150mph before I knew it a couple of times and am afraid that if I don't get rid of it I'll be widowing my wife and kids. Now I know that Warriors are beasts as well, but they are my kind of beast. I come from a musclecar background, specifically Big Block Chevy's, so I understand the value of Torque. Plus, every time I sit on my buddies Warrior it just fits me, I don't know how to explain it.

So I've found a local 2002 Warrior that has a Stage IV upgrade (as well as many others) and although I've done some searching here I can't really tell what that is except an engine upgrade. Can someone explain?

So do you guys think I'll be disappointed powerwise (seat-of-the-pants) if I make the switch?

Thanks for the input.

#2 ·
Pistons cams springs clutch injectors pipe and air kit.. There are a ton of us that came from and go back to then come back again to sport bikes and then warrior again.. Its a great bike and for me its great because Iam an idiot when I get on a sport bike.. No self control!!! The warrior is fun to MOD and to ride to a degree thats still fun..

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

#3 ·
Sounds like you'll appreciate the torque that gets you up to speed fast not just going fast. The stage IV upgrade is a Yamaha upgrade package that includes an air intake kit, high compression pistons, more aggressive cams/valve springs, bigger fuel injectors, a better flowing pipe and a different ECU (computer) It's around 4000.00 installed so getting it with that already done is a big plus. The average numbers for a stock motor are around 80-85 HP and about 100ft lbs but with the IV kit your looking at around 100HP and about 120 torque (something like that, I could be off a little)

post the details on the 02 and you'll get a good idea of the deal your getting.

There are a TON of aftermarket parts so if you like to "make it yours" there is plenty of stuff you can do to it, plus this is the best forum on the web, you'll get tons of ideas!

It's a beast, Sounds like you know what you want, go for it.

#6 ·
Welcome. I'm a musclecar fan myself and let me tell you, I think you're gonna like the Warrior BETTER than your R1 for two main reasons...Torque and Sound. Sure, sportbikes are fast as all ****, but they just don't bring out the beast in you. More like the wreckless teenager. With the Warrior, just a twitch of the throttle in any gear and you're grinning from ear to ear. At idle, just hearing those two pistons thumping as if saying "F#$% with me, F#$% with me, F#$% with me"...(much like a 396) - its enough to make a grown man cry. You'll be happy, trust me. And again, welcome!

#9 ·
Ah another muscle car man!!! Sounds like you found a good deal, my little brother has a YZF600R he is going to trade for a new R1 but I wouldn't trade my Warrior for anything... I wanna get some pics to post of my bike next to my 68 Camaro (not a big block though[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]) to post up but the weather doesn't agree with that. Good luck in whatever you decide I truly believe you would be happy with a warrior as all these great guys have said[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

#12 ·
One of the main reasons I quit riding sport bikes was A. Got arrested on one, B. After 30 minutes of riding it gets VERY uncomfortable. I got the warrior and fell in LOVE! Sure you can still get in trouble on it, but I find myself enjoying the ride for what it is instead of how fast I'm going. The aftermarket is HUGE and I've found myself spending more money than I ever thought about spending on my sport bike. Go with the warrior...you won't regret it!

#14 ·
quote:Originally posted by xharleyrdr

You can still play with the sporty's. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

DAYUM!!! You get low!! I dont have the ballz to lean that much. I use to think I leaned my warrior really good into the turns until I saw your pics. Bastage!! haha Sweet and oh yeah, GET THE WARRIOR!!!

#21 ·
thanks for the input guys. It sounds like everyone really loves their Warrior, I'm not suprised. I'll get the details on this '02 Warrior tomorrow and post'em here to see if I'm getting a good deal or not. Until then, here's a pic of what I was riding before the R1. An '83 Honda V65. You can see my '69 SS396 Chevelle behind it.
Insert Image:

66.93KB

And also a couple of my soon to be ex-R1...

Insert Image:

82.68KB

Insert Image:

73.9KB

Insert Image:

62.33KB

Thanks again and I can't wait be an official part of the Warrior family!

#23 ·
Welcome to the best **** forum on the web. Asking about the warrior on this forum is bound to get you a lot of biased opinions. I'll give you an unbiased one. Best **** cruiser available. AND the best thing about this bike other than the bike itself is this forum. There are none like it any where. It's the best **** forum on the web (at the risk of repeating myself).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.