RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to avoid paying for a dyno tune by finding an existing map. Anyone know of a map for the following bike?
06 warrior
280mm rear wheel
Pacific Coast Star Roadster Exhaust with two ring baffle
Stock air intake
AIS blockoff
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yi
Since you are running a stock air box a map is not totally needed until you do an intake. If you really want to try a map you can try WarriorSpeedsterSwept Map - which also has a stock airbox.
You don’t think I need to worry about map since I’m running the new exhaust? I had Vance and Hines big shots on it before the PCS roadster. Also, removing ais. Exhaust instructions had a ton of warnings about tuning first because of excessive exhaust temps if running to lean due to less backpressure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Talking about maps, I’m taking it that you need to have one of those tube commanders ( which are nearly $700 smackeroos. I have to change the air intake filter as the Hypercharger didn’t survive. I’m looking on putting on one of those pointy ones. I want to do the AIS as well, but the only kit I can get is on eBay from the States and it isn’t cheap lol.

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
Talking about maps, I’m taking it that you need to have one of those tube commanders ( which are nearly $700 smackeroos. I have to change the air intake filter as the Hypercharger didn’t survive. I’m looking on putting on one of those pointy ones. I want to do the AIS as well, but the only kit I can get is on eBay from the States and it isn’t cheap lol.
You might as well cave-in and buy a Churchkey VBAK and his -AIS blockoff kit. Massive air in and massive air out. You know you are going to do that at some point anyway. We have all been there!

·
Administrator
28,155 Posts
You don’t think I need to worry about map since I’m running the new exhaust? I had Vance and Hines big shots on it before the PCS roadster. Also, removing ais. Exhaust instructions had a ton of warnings about tuning first because of excessive exhaust temps if running to lean due to less backpressure.
Have you considered the Cobra CVT autotuner in original version (Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro CVT 92-1772AT) or (in 'Black' version that has wifi). I no longer mess with mapping.

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
So did you have a map for the V&H? If so then you will be fine.
Your stock ECU has the ability to adjust ever so slightly to compensate for the small stuff. The big stuff like the intake system is where the ECU can not usually handle it since it is a large change in air coming in.

Also like Arizona said there are option in fuel computers as well as getting your ECU flashed by Ivan in which he plays with the fuel maps as well as ignition timing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts