RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given aPower Commander 3 The older serial one by a friend who no longer has his warrior. I already have a Dyna Tek fuel injection unit on mine but thinking of installing the Power Commander. How do I figure out what Map is already in the PCIII. I got the cables, the command center loaded and all the maps the PCIII web site ahs to offer. Does it need to be Installed to the bike first?
Thanks In advance

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, install first then load maps. you may want to take it down for dyno after install and get your own map.... 250-300 bucks. make sure you do the "PERFECT INSTALL" with the serial unit. if not it runs like $hit and when your looking at it on your laptop the idle is all over the place.Search the threads on this site to see how its done, thats what I did and its like riding a new bike. The previous owner did not do the perfect install and it took me a while to figure out why the bike would not idle correctly, even after all the recalls were done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info: Now I wonder if its worth it because the Dyna Tek Fuel injection Module is dialed in pretty darn good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I dunno, But I wouldnt use anything but the pcIII it has quite a bit of flexibility and ease of use once you get it installed correctly. And if you do any mods you can dial it in to those mods too, sometimes even find a map on this site that matches really good. FYI

1 - 4 of 4 Posts