RS Warrior Forum banner

Power Commander Maps

61K views 115 replies 50 participants last post by  Heftysmurf 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to DadsWarrior for getting these files to me!

Since we don't have a "Downloads" section in the forum, I took it upon myself to host the PCMaps myself and will use this thread to provide links to the individual files.

-Simply click on the name of the map and the file will auto download. All files have been converted to .djm format.
-All descriptions were taken from the notes section of each map. If you have further information about a certain map please let me know so I can fix the description.
-
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING!!

-I have very limited knowledge about the Power Commander Control Modules. I know even less about which map would be best for which application. I am simply hosting the files on my site so that they are readily available to all members.

-It is my understanding that the original PC3-Serial used a .map file. As this model has been discontinued, I have converted all maps to be used with the newer PC3-USB. That is not to say that these maps will not work with the older modules, just that you will have to download the newer software to be able to use them.

-If you have the newer PCV, you should be able to "import" these files into that software as well.

-If a map is labeled as a PCV only, It means that it cannot be opened or imported at all by the older PC3 software. You will have to downlowd the PCV software, open the map, then manually copy/paste the values into a zero map made for the PC3 software/module you have.

If you have additional maps you would like to contribute please email them (with descriptions) to Robriguez at Hotmail dot Com and I will add them to this list.

Amospro Map -
Vance & Hines dual exhaust
Thunder air kit
AIS block off

ArizonaWarrior_0705 Map -
Drag Race Map w/AcceleratorPump Active for:
Yamaha Road Star Warrior - ArizonaWarrior (M.Morgan) 2005
Speedstar 2-1-2 (Version 2) full system.
Stock undertank airbox with K&N filter.
Speedstar right side scoop with K&N filter.
Tuner: Eric Dorn Racing (EDR) Hillsboro Oregon
Licensed PC3USB Dynotuner w/dyno and software

Badger Map -
Vance & Hines Bigshots
Churchkey VBAK
AIS block off

BadgerHC Map -
Vance & Hines Bigshots
Churchkey VBAK
O.E. 10.5:1 HC pistons
Timing advanced 2 degrees
AIS block off

Bucky685_121807 Map -
Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Speed Star 2-1-2 (Gen II)
Churchkey V-BAK
AIS Block Off

Buflow_M403-013 Map -
Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Cobra slip on muffler
Stock air filter
from map #013 for Bub muffler
Shows good off idle & good high end. So far so good no problems coming off of idle or going down to cornering throttle. Derived through ride testing not dyno.

Caledonian Warrior(GavMap) -
2002-2005 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Vance & Hines Bigshots
Churchkey Big Air kit
AIS blockoff
Tweaked m403 & MattKC map
(tweeked the numbers in the 2% range, made them slightly richer, and also a few more along the 1000 and 1500 rev range. Now there is next to no backfiring or popping on decel, there is no cough while pulling away at junctions and the motor still pulls extremely well, even after 100mph. Plugs are good, tested at different revs.)​

CaseyMap -
2002-2006 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Pacific Coast Star Monster Pro-Pipe w/ Race "Vortex" Baffle
Barons BAK
Dynatek DC2-1 Coils and Dynatek Suppresion Wires
NGK Plugs from Yamaha Dealer (Part # - DPR7EIX-9)
AIS Block Off
LCV Delete​

Daboy_57110-DynoTuned Map-PCV ONLY -
Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with the standard baffle
VBAK
AIS block off
Krankvent​

DesertWarriors Map -
Vance & Hines BigShots w/quiet baffles
Patrick Racing air kit
AIS block off

DorakCustom Map -
Barons AIS Blockoff
Barons Stealth BAK
V&H Bigshots

girlzwarrior_M403-007 Map -
zero map​

Jamie Map -
Vance & Hines Big Shots exhaust
Churchkey VBAK
AIS block off
Krankvent
CO:1 at 0
CO:2 at -1

Harrys Tune -
Provided by Mlarivie
108ci 10.5:1 Wiseco/Millenium plated setup
Speedstar cams/springs and OE lifters.
Speedstar exhaust
Patrick Stage 1 heads (serdi)
Church VBAK

JusticCustomMap - PCIII
JusticCustomMap - PCV -
Justice Pro-Pipe Custom Map (Rx Warrior Custom Map modified on DynoJet - MODIFIED) - 6/23/09
Pro-Pipe with Thunder Monster Baffle
DIY VBAK
AIS block off
Dyna DC2-1 Coils, 8mm Dynatek Wires and NGK Iridium Plugs (DPR7EIX-9) gapped at .027"

MattKC Map -
Vance & Hines Big Shots exhaust
Churchkey VBAK
AIS block off
CO:1 at 0
CO:2 at -1​

Messx03 Map -
Ducshop mapped​

RinehartwBaffleAndVbak Map -
zero map rswarrior.com dice​

RX_Warrior_1.1 Map -
S* pipe
Churchkey's VBAK
AIS block off
ECU settings: CO1:0, C02:0
This is a modified map of Amospro. Here are the modifications: 0% throttle: Zero'd out all value to improve fuel milage (popping on decel will be reduced if 10s are reinserted per Amospro's map)

Rx_Warrior_BURRITO Map -
VBAK
2-1-2 pipe such as the S* pipe
RX_Warrior made map by averaging all the maps that closely resemble map above in the hope that averaging over several maps may yield a middle of the road usability and tunability
Rx+Loren+Nolan+customadvanced+Dynojet 403-030

Sacul19 Map -
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Morton Executioner pipes

Skybejef1Wade Map -

2006 Yamaha Road Star Warrior - Sioux Falls Iowa
Bub Jug Huggers, Churchkey V-BAK, AIS Removed
Provided by Skybejef as 'Wade's Map built on a dynotuner'​

SpeegleCustom Map -
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior CUSTOM MAP
SpeegleCustomMap1 - Samson RipSaws
Baron's Big Air kit

Speeglefuelmoto Map -
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Barons Big Air Kit
Samson Street Sweeper Exhaust
Fuel Moto Custom Map​

stvbrx Map -
60109​

VbakBigRadius -

2008 Warrior
Vance & Hines Big Radius Pipes
Churchkey's VBAK

WarriorPc3 Map -
2006 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
Samson Street Sweepers
Churchkey V-BAK
AIS Removed

WarriorSpeedsterSwept Map -
2006 Road Star Warrior
Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust
Stock Air Filter
Komet Motorsports, Inc.​

-Edit-
Added Justice's Map 04/13/11
Added Burrito Map 04/26/11
Added daboy_57110's Map 04/27/11
Added CaseyMap 05/17/11
Added disclaimer at top
Added HarrysTune 05/27/11
Added GavMap 09/06/11
Added Justice's map PCIII Version 10/28/11

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Just added Justic'sCustomMap - PCV only. (.pvm file) Thank you "Newwarorder"!

He is using this map with great success on this bike:

2008 Warrior (It was a CA edition)
Church’s VBAK
Dyna DC2-1 coils
Dyna 8mm wires
NGK iridium plugs gapped at .028
AIS block off (all CA smog removed)
PCV w/Autotune ( Autotune not installed yet)
Cobra Megaphone exhaust can on stock headers.
ECU set a c01 = 0, c02 = 0 ( per churches recommendation)

#8 ·
All but one are PC3 (.djm) version files. I did this on purpose because I figure this is what MOST of everyone will have. These "should" simply work on the PC3serial, PC3USB, and can be imported and converted to PC5 (.pvm).

If for some reason you get a version error when you are trying to load the map to the control module, first try "importing" the map instead of just double clicking on it. If it still does not load, you should be able to simply copy/paste it into a new zero map and save it.

#9 ·
Hey man, thanks for putting all of those maps in one place. Much appreciated by me and I'm sure by many other users on here....

Good job

All but one are PC3 (.djm) version files. I did this on purpose because I figure this is what MOST of everyone will have. These "should" simply work on the PC3serial, PC3USB, and can be imported and converted to PC5 (.pvm).

If for some reason you get a version error when you are trying to load the map to the control module, first try "importing" the map instead of just double clicking on it. If it still does not load, you should be able to simply copy/paste it into a new zero map and save it.

#18 ·
One little correction on my map. It started as a fuel moto map, it is what I had in it when I took it to get dyno tuned. They just adjusted it. So I wouldn't call it a fuel moto map anymore since it was changed when I had it on the dyno. ;)

#21 ·
I just compared my current map (VbakBigRadius) to the new daboy PCV ONLY map and it is WAY leaner. I know the exhaust is different but does it really make THAT much of a difference in the map?

daboys tuning temps and altitude?

#22 ·
I just compared my current map (VbakBigRadius) to the new daboy PCV ONLY map and it is WAY leaner. I know the exhaust is different but does it really make THAT much of a difference in the map?

daboys tuning temps and altitude?
I just made a change to my map and will be trying it out tonight. I just got to ride this weekend and was having issues in the off idle RPM with around the 2-15% throttle. It stalled on me when I was tring to leave a intersection. :mad: The rest of the map seems to work very well best so far for my bike. What I did was copy the numbers from a map I had that was good in that area and pasted the numbers in. Will be giving it a try tonight and will updated tomorrow.

#26 ·
Something I have noticed about the two maps I have tried.

At start-up there is a rich fuel smell and my usually riding I have lost 1 - 2 mpg.

Highway... I have lost about 5 mpg.

I used to be able to clear out 120+ miles on a tank with the stock ECU handling it all. That is 80mph+ (3000rpms+).

Now at the same speeds and rpms I only get 90 miles before my light turns on. I think all these maps are running WAY to rich at 20 - 50 throttle in the middle of the rpm range.

#28 ·
What a great thread, thanks so much for your time and effort robriquez you are my hero of the day.
I have a ‘08 with Vance n Hines bigradius exhaust, Churchkey VBAK and AIS blockoff and a PCIII usb. Currently running the VbakBigRadius map and seems fine with just a little poping on deceleration usually between 2nd and 3rd gear.
Was reading the post from Oldguy about his wifes ’09 with Cobra swept exhaust, AIS blockoff, Churchkey big air kit, and a PCV and wanted to know if the AIS blockoff would make a big difference? His map has different exhaust and is for a PCV. If this one is a better match for my bike is there any way to convert the file to use with my PCIII format?

#29 ·
As stated in one of my previous posts, I am not sure how a different exhaust can really change the amount of fuel that is needed in such drastic amounts when I compare some of these maps. I understand a 2-1 exhaust being a little different than a 2-2, but not double digit percentage different.

I believe a PCV map will only work in a PCV. A PCV can accept both PCIII and PCV files. The PCV has a smaller increment value changes than the PCIII.

What you could do is just write your own map using the PCV map you want as a guide... just plug in the values and send it to your PCIII and try it out. If is doesn't work, re-flash back to the old map.

#31 ·
A .PVM map cannot be imported into the PC3 software directly. You will have to manually enter the values into an existing PC3 map for it to work.

Just to let everyone know, "I" do not own a Power Commander "yet". I have never held one in my hand. I have never installed one. I have never ridden a bike with one. I have never actually imported a map into one.

I just happen to have tons of web space available and figured I could help everyone by hosting the files for easy access.