RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just compared my current map (VbakBigRadius) to the new daboy PCV ONLY map and it is WAY leaner. I know the exhaust is different but does it really make THAT much of a difference in the map?

daboys tuning temps and altitude?

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I just compared my current map (VbakBigRadius) to the new daboy PCV ONLY map and it is WAY leaner. I know the exhaust is different but does it really make THAT much of a difference in the map?

daboys tuning temps and altitude?
I just made a change to my map and will be trying it out tonight. I just got to ride this weekend and was having issues in the off idle RPM with around the 2-15% throttle. It stalled on me when I was tring to leave a intersection. :mad: The rest of the map seems to work very well best so far for my bike. What I did was copy the numbers from a map I had that was good in that area and pasted the numbers in. Will be giving it a try tonight and will updated tomorrow.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Something I have noticed about the two maps I have tried.

At start-up there is a rich fuel smell and my usually riding I have lost 1 - 2 mpg.

Highway... I have lost about 5 mpg.

I used to be able to clear out 120+ miles on a tank with the stock ECU handling it all. That is 80mph+ (3000rpms+).

Now at the same speeds and rpms I only get 90 miles before my light turns on. I think all these maps are running WAY to rich at 20 - 50 throttle in the middle of the rpm range.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What a great thread, thanks so much for your time and effort robriquez you are my hero of the day.
I have a ‘08 with Vance n Hines bigradius exhaust, Churchkey VBAK and AIS blockoff and a PCIII usb. Currently running the VbakBigRadius map and seems fine with just a little poping on deceleration usually between 2nd and 3rd gear.
Was reading the post from Oldguy about his wifes ’09 with Cobra swept exhaust, AIS blockoff, Churchkey big air kit, and a PCV and wanted to know if the AIS blockoff would make a big difference? His map has different exhaust and is for a PCV. If this one is a better match for my bike is there any way to convert the file to use with my PCIII format?

·
Registered
556 Posts
What a great thread, thanks so much for your time and effort robriquez you are my hero of the day.
I have a ‘08 with Vance n Hines bigradius exhaust, Churchkey VBAK and AIS blockoff and a PCIII usb. Currently running the VbakBigRadius map and seems fine with just a little poping on deceleration usually between 2nd and 3rd gear.
Was reading the post from Oldguy about his wifes ’09 with Cobra swept exhaust, AIS blockoff, Churchkey big air kit, and a PCV and wanted to know if the AIS blockoff would make a big difference? His map has different exhaust and is for a PCV. If this one is a better match for my bike is there any way to convert the file to use with my PCIII format?
As stated in one of my previous posts, I am not sure how a different exhaust can really change the amount of fuel that is needed in such drastic amounts when I compare some of these maps. I understand a 2-1 exhaust being a little different than a 2-2, but not double digit percentage different.

I believe a PCV map will only work in a PCV. A PCV can accept both PCIII and PCV files. The PCV has a smaller increment value changes than the PCIII.

What you could do is just write your own map using the PCV map you want as a guide... just plug in the values and send it to your PCIII and try it out. If is doesn't work, re-flash back to the old map.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
As stated in one of my previous posts, I am not sure how a different exhaust can really change the amount of fuel that is needed in such drastic amounts when I compare some of these maps. I understand a 2-1 exhaust being a little different than a 2-2, but not double digit percentage different.

I believe a PCV map will only work in a PCV. A PCV can accept both PCIII and PCV files. The PCV has a smaller increment value changes than the PCIII.

What you could do is just write your own map using the PCV map you want as a guide... just plug in the values and send it to your PCIII and try it out. If is doesn't work, re-flash back to the old map.
+10.. Just leave out the 15% percnet throttle setting from the PCV map. PCV has a 15% column and the PC111 does not.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A .PVM map cannot be imported into the PC3 software directly. You will have to manually enter the values into an existing PC3 map for it to work.

Just to let everyone know, "I" do not own a Power Commander "yet". I have never held one in my hand. I have never installed one. I have never ridden a bike with one. I have never actually imported a map into one.

I just happen to have tons of web space available and figured I could help everyone by hosting the files for easy access.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im trying to download DORAKC custom map. Same stuff I have on my bike. Another window opens I click to allow my comp to download the file, but the page just goes empty and says "done" at the bottom. Can you email me the file or tell me what I might be doing wrong? My commander comesin tomorrow and I'm just trying to have it all lined up. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I’m Jack. I have motorcycle Yamaha Warrior XV1700, 2004 with Power Commander III Usb with the sign 403-410 for.403-411 040403.
My question is what does it mean? Is it a good programme / software for sport filter K&N and exhaust filter V&H BIG SHOTS?
If not, please let me know with is the right one.
Regards
Jack form Poland

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good stuff, thanks! Started with the 403-022 (from Dynajet website) at CO-1 at 4 and CO2 at 4, really lowered fuel mileage but ran smoooth. Looking forward to trying some of these, probably from CO1at 0 CO2 at 0. "03 with Churchkey V bak, serial PCIII, Dynajet coils, roadhouse slip on, AIS block, LCV gone.Warrior PCIII map soon?

21 - 40 of 102 Posts