RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ok. I've loaded 'Burrito' and will try it out tomorrow. I did take it out for a quick spin and it felt a little more responsive below 2k but the top end felt a little weak. Are you sure the burrito will work best even if I don't have the VBAK? Also consider that I'm at about 5700 feet above sea level.

Thanks,

T

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
To some extent the air pressure sensor array will make fuel adjustments to compensate for the elevation. But even so, most every shared map will need to be dialed-in to some extent. The 'Burrito' map is a clever merging of several maps to arrive at an average so its often a good place to start, and its sometimes actually right on target.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The 'Burrito' map is a clever merging of several maps to arrive at an average so its often a good place to start, and its sometimes actually right on target.
Well thank you sir! And it's pronounced BUURRRRRRITTO!:D

The BURRITO btw was the culmination of me literally staring at maps over a period of two years. Yes it is an average of several maps, but not just any maps. There were several criteria that I considered before I merge them together. Some of the criteria were:

1. The maps had to have a history of having good feedback regarding their drivability.

2. They are not piggish maps where they make a gobb of power up top but are too rich on the bottom leading to hesitation (i.e original Amospro's map) for some bikes.

3. The custom maps in the BURRITO had to actually look like they were custo and not a Dynojet map that was barely tweeked like so many people have paid $300+ for without knowing so.

If you want more power in the top (80% and up TP) you can try the original Amospro's but you may feel sluggish in the lower TPs and may run too rich because you don't have a VBAK. My modified Amospro's tried to address that by making the 0-20% TPs more in line with what the BURRITO offers. Interestingly my own custom map actually makes more power in the top end by being much leaner than most maps I have seen.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ok..did over 100+ miles and:

Low end (below 2K) is still a little rough but better.
At about 2200, my tank still shakes and rattles.
Above 2500 is smooth but feels a bit weaker than my previously customized map.

Any advice on this would be great, as I've not spent a lot of time modifying for my bike.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ok...after many tanks, I've realized that my mileage deficiency is not due to me enjoying the new sound and feel of my bike. I think my mileage is seriously slacking. My light came on at 98 miles today.

I'm running the Buuurrriiito map and like it but that magical 2200 RPM still rattles things. Now, it's more like my throttle bodies are slapping versus my tank rattle.

Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello
Need PCIII map for 2004 with K&N Filter, Vance and Hines Big Shots exhaust and
Air: Yamaha Speedstar and big black plastic stock airbox under the fuel tank, 1 + 1
AIS Blockoff
PC III USB for 403-411 403-410
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.16
please help - proszę o pomoc
email: [email protected] :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is a great thread! Thanks, Rob!

Which one of the listed maps would be best for this setup?

2006 Warrior (the faster Midnight version) ;)
Stock header with open pipes (no baffle - just an open tip)
Churchkey VBAK
AIS Blockoff
PC3 USB

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is a great thread! Thanks, Rob!

Which one of the listed maps would be best for this setup?

2006 Warrior (the faster Midnight version) ;)
Stock header with open pipes (no baffle - just an open tip)
Churchkey VBAK
AIS Blockoff
PC3 USB
So, I loaded the Badger yesterday with the setup I quoted above. I can't find one down side yet. It feels like a custom map made for my bike! I still have to get her out and stretch her legs, but so far...Wow! Not one backfire, and pulls nicely.

Me happy! :D

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
12 Posts
whats the best map to use for 2009 pcv stock air filter vance and hines big radius. thx. im useing big shots map right now and it back fires a lil bit so just looking to clean it up a bit

·
Registered
310 Posts
So, I loaded the Badger yesterday with the setup I quoted above. I can't find one down side yet. It feels like a custom map made for my bike! I still have to get her out and stretch her legs, but so far...Wow! Not one backfire, and pulls nicely.

Me happy! :D

I put 103 miles on the Badger map yesterday - highway, local, and in-between. Nothing real aggressive yet, as I'm feeling it out. I have not found a TP or RPM range I would want to adjust yet. Next test will be a more aggressive outing.

Nice work RX!

·
Registered
13,027 Posts
Dude, if you want a perfect map, you're going to have to get it mapped. One of these will get you close. But obviously there isn't going to be one exactly like yours. Even if there was, variances in engines would mean the map still wouldn't be perfect if it wasn't mapped on your bike. Try one that is close, and fiddle with it a bit if you don't like a particular element of it. There are plenty of members here who can tell you how to tweak it.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts