RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried a Power Commander pcIII on a completely stock bike? I'm wondering if there is any benefit. I want to keep the stock exhaust system. Comments?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It won't hurt, its pretty easy. Seems like an awful lot of money to lay down to slightly richen your bike in the higher RPM ranges. I say richen because most, if not all, Warriors are somewhat lean when built. You might gain a little HP/ft-lb and mileage, but other than that..... Basically, the benefits gained from the PCIII are directly proportional to the performance mods you do. No mods = not a lot of gain 4 da $$$ IMHO...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Whatup DOG?

I ran my PCIII on my stock bike for a few weeks to test it out while I waited for my exhaust to arrive. It did make a noticable difference in off-idle and mid-range "smoothness". If you arent planning any mods. Dont waste your hard earned money. Send me the $300 bucks and I'll tell you how to adjust your ECU.

OR, you can go to Redhorse or Washingtonwarriors websites and get it for free. I take paypal too.

T

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Bike runs lean down the bottom of the RPM range and too rich at high RPMs this will even out the fuel mixture and give you better performance throughout the RPM range. Do it if you can.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you plan to replace the pipe or do air mods anyway in the future, keep your eye out for a good deal on a PC-III and put it on even if you are 100% stock at this point. I picked one up for $200, definitely richened up the top end and the bike pulled with noticeably more power. I'd say go for it. Use the M403-001 map.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Once you start customizing go with custom maps. I tried maps of other bikes with same modifications but the maps where always off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts