RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have samson rip-saws and stock everything else. My bike only backfires if I shift at low rpms...and very seldom then...should I stress about getting the pwrcmdrIII? I'm also taking a 3-4 day trip very soon. Will this hurt the Bike? I know I can count on ya'll to give some good pointers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
you dont need the pc111 for the trip but you have all that exhaust escape and no intake. next mod should be a BAK and then i highly recommend the pc111. you will be amazed at how well your bike will run after you reprogram it. Hey good luck on your trip and dont spend too much money you'lle need it for the future mods!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard alot about the BAK...is this better than the PRo star job....by the way I still smoke my harley buddies

·
Registered
64 Posts
http://roadrider.org/postnuke/index.php?name=PagEd&page_id=1 try going there.....We just had a discussion on it yesterday I believe. Very very simple. I just did it on my bike. It richens or leans out the mixture. By just putting a slip-on muffler on my bike it really leaned it out. Took about 5 min. to adjust and now the bike has no more back fires and is running cooler. Your plugs will really tell the story.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
For what you have don't worry about the PCIII or hurting the bike. The ECU adjustment consists of upping how much fuel the bike will get (simplifying things).

Go here to see how to adjust the ECU.
http://www.roadrider.org/postnuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5

Understand that if the bike is new from the factory it is most likely lean. You will need to ride the bike, remove one or all of the plugs and check to see how they look. Black the bike is rich, white the bike is lean (simplifying again).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've got to go to work though I'll get back wit ya tommorrow. Thanks for all the help Guys!....This site is cool! HA

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I didn't need to adjust the ECU. After putting my Borla muffler it backfired a lot. After the DIY BAK with K&N's everything smoothed out. My fuel/air mixture is quite ok now without any other fumbling. .I guess the bike's computer does a great job of self-adjusting things.

Insert Image:

96.82KB

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nasatypope, I put about 3000 miles on my bike with Bighots, no BAK, and no ECU adjustment and it was fine. After adding the BAK, I adjusted the ECU myself and my A/F graph looks almost exactly like AK_Raptor's. I've put 18,000 miles on the bike since then and still no problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the exact same experience as AK_Raptor...My cobra slip-on started a lot of backfiring which stopped when I added a DIY BAK. Now my Warrior pulls hard and runs smooth[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I am going to run it another 100 miles or so before checking the plugs for indication of lean/rich mixture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts