RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've said in other posts that I come from a dirt bike background so all of this computer driven horsepower is a little foreign to me. I bought Samson street sweeper pipes and the dealer told me that I needed a PC so I picked one up. They claim to have downloaded the correct map but I just hit 1000 miles and backfiring and sputtering off the line are getting more frequent. What do I need to change the map? I have a laptop I can use but I don't have a program or the cable to change anything. I'm just completely ignorant when it comes to the PCIII but would like to learn. Any help would be grately appriciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
These links are to the power commander web site, you can download the software and the correct map.
[url="http://www.powercommander.com/403-211.shtml>http://www.powercommander.com/403-211.shtml

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Or you can go to your local dyno and have a custom map made for your bike.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
also go to baronscustoms site an buy an aisblock off plate."Search" the site for anything you want to learn.

·
Registered
307 Posts
GO BACK TO YOUR DEALER HE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU THE CD-ROM AND THE CABLE TO HOOK INTO YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE PCIII, INSIST THAT HE GIVES IT TO YOU IT COMES IN THE BOXED PURCHASE. AND AS FAR AS THE POPPING GOES FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND FROM THESE GUYS YOU EITHER DYNO TUNE IT (ABOUT 350.00 DOLLARS) TO GET RID OF ALL THE BACK-FIRE. OR YOU AIS-BLOCK OFF KIT IT TO GET RID OF SOME OF THE NOISE. SCOTT CALI. EVEN IF YOU CHANGE THE MAP YOULL STILL GET THE POPPING TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! I PUT HARD KOMME PIPES ON MINE WHICH ARE VERY CLOSE TO YOUR PIPES AND IVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS SAME F#@#&IN STUFF FOR 2 WEEKS NOW, VERY ANNOYING. I PERSONALLY THINK THIS POWER COMMANDER STUFF IS A CROCK OF S%&T

·
Registered
1 Posts
The popping could also be caused by a leak at the cylinder. If you installed the pipes, but did not replace the crush gaskets, that may also be a source of the popping... At least from what I read on the DG Hard Krome site... /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I had the same problem with before the PCIII, the right map takes care of most of the popping a custom map is better, but you will definitely know the difference with the right map.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts