RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so I get this right from the start.

1. Load the map you want for your bike.

2. Reset the TPS with the PCIII software, if needed. ( My TPS %read "0" after I loaded map, and was stable)

Do I still need to adjust / reset it?

Alot of other info turned up in the program window when I altered the map. "Duty Cycle 3", "Fuel Change 3" etc

Anything to worry about?

3. Wait until it warms up, and then adjust the idle RPM with the screw under the seat and set it up so it idles at 850-950.

Anything I missed?

Later!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
I believe you are pretty close;

1. make sure you save (just incase you want to roll back) the current map assuming you have one.

2. THEN load your new map.

3. make sure your TPS is set to "0"

4. then set your idle via the twist screw under the seat. I run mine between 950 and 1100 rpmish. My experience says that 850 is to low but lots of parameters define what is the right idle speed based on mods like exhaust, maps, air kits etc etc. I found that if the idle is to low the bike will stall from time to time especialy when cold.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gchalifo said:
4. then set your idle via the twist screw under the seat. I run mine between 950 and 1100 rpmish. My experience says that 850 is to low but lots of parameters define what is the right idle speed based on mods like exhaust, maps, air kits etc etc. I found that if the idle is to low the bike will stall from time to time especialy when cold.

Just my $.02

Yes thats exactly what has been happening. It stalls out every now and then. I had the idle set on 500 RPM and that was obiously too low for the bike with the current setup to handle.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
295 Posts
+1 on setting the idle around 1000 RPM. My stalling stopped, and I know it sounds weird, but my bike runs better all around. It may have something to do with too low RPM not keeping oil pressure up enough or something...dunno...may be PFM (Pure F'ing Magic).

·
Registered
71 Posts
same stalling on mine when cold and pull clutch in. higher idle plus the 321 map mod helped alot. think the xtra fuel acts kinda like choke on carbs except its adding more fuel than taking away air

·
Administrator
30,116 Posts
If I may chime in, I see your bike is a 2004 model and with 'experienced' bikes you need to cover a few other bases too.

1. Blow debris from spark plugs, remove plugs, clean and gap, reinstall.

2. Check that plug wires and coil wires are fully seated. Be gentle with the power wires on the coils, the tabs bend very easily.

3. Remove air filter(s) and either clean or replace as appropriate.

4. Put some WD40 on your throttle cables so they don't bind during set-up.

5. Plug in your laptop to the PC3USB, then start your bike. Get the bike up to riding temp!

6. See the PC3 website for video on how to set the "Zero Throttle" parameter to zero. Do that only while warm.

7.Adjust the idle screw in very small bits until the bouncing idle on the laptop screen staysbetween 850rpm -1,000rpm.

8. Blip the throttle between every adjustment then give the bike time to settle down again. Repeat if needed.

9. Disconnect from the laptop, take a quick spin. You may notice huge torque improvements with this method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts