RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I've currently got some busted up Cobra (think it's an Fi 2000) piggyback ecu on my bike that I got it with, hard to tell as it's held together with electrical tape. Suffice to say it's seen better days and the days ahead are probably questionable at best.

I'm looking at going to a PC-V with the auto tune module. Has anyone else run one of these or know anyone that has, and what was your experience with it? I like the idea of having a closed feedback loop for the AFR system, but not sure how well these work.

I'm currently running a spike pre air cleaner and K&N main filter, with Bub Enterprises Chambermaids without baffles (the exhaust is going to change if I can find something else).

Thanks for any input in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I greatly enjoy my Power commander 5. It seems to give more power in more places throughout the RPM range. I still get some crackle and pop with the occasional backfire on my exhaust. If you love the bike and plan on keeping it your fuel mileage will experience a night and day improvement.

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I plan on at least having a Warrior in the stables for the foreseeable future (would like to find a Midnight though), so looks like the route I'll probably go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its funny you should say that Facebook marketplace Springfield Missouri has one midnight edition for sale. He wants a premium for it though.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
PCV+autotune. You'll need to weld in some bungs in the exhaust and find room under the seat for the units. I went with a Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 to gain space under the seat. I just did a post about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts