RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I did some shopping around for all the things I need to upgrade my exhaust system. The bike is completely stock now

I have settled on a set of Samson Street Sweepers, a Barons AIS Blockoff kit, and Barons rear brake reservior relocation kit. I was orginally planning on doing the ECU Bump to accomidate for the new exhaust but nobody can give me a straight answer as to how much to bump it. And I don't really have the patience or desire to keep pulling my spark plugs half a dozen times to get it right.

So unless somebody else has the same setup and can tell me how much to bump it, I will be going with a power commander. But I have a few questions about it that I can't seem to find answers to. First off, can I download a map for free? Or is that going to cost me another $100? I'm assuming the power commander can be hooked up to my laptop computer. Correct me if I'm wrong. Does it come with all the necessary software or do I have to buy it separetely? Also, how easy is it to use?

I've never even seen a power commander in person so I'm kind of in the dark. But if it'll keep me from needing to pull my spark plugs a bunch of times, it's worth the money. Can somebody help me out?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Ok, make sure you get the PCIII USB. Its newer, easier to use.

yes, it does hook to your pc. yes the maps on this site are free. You simply download the info to your computer, hook up your PCIII, send the info into the PCIII, than hook it up to your bike.

You will need to be able to hook your PCIII and Computer to you bike at the same time. Easy to do if you have a laptop. I have heard of a couple guys running REALLY long cables out of basement windows and such and it works the same.

The PCIII itself is an easy install and all instructions are pretty basic.

Definetly go PCIII, allows for custom map later on if you so desire.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:
What is the advantage of hooking the computer and PCIII directly to the bike?
The PCIII uses an USB cable to interface with your computer. On your computer you will install a program that comes with the PCIII. This program will allow you to load maps to the PCIII or tweak/tune maps. It is a nice interface that is not overly complicated. We sell our PCIII with your choice of a map installed.

Looking at your setup - is there a reason you are going with the rear cylinder relocation kit? I would recommend using the rear cylinder kit that will come with your pipe. Then you can pick up a Patrick Racing Air Kit!!

Scooper - I think it is time for you to hook up with the MN Warrior riders - we can answer most all your questions. There are some guys who have been messing with their Warriors since the begining!

·
Registered
679 Posts
The PCIII race ready comes with everything you need.There are tutorials that tell you everything in the link & although the kit comes with the software on disk I'd download from the link for the latest version.You'll still have to check plugs.Most recommend "the perfect install" but it's your choice.Mine works fine following Dynojets instructions.The maps are in the same link.Yes, the software loads in your laptop & you simply hook up the USB cable from the PCIIIto your USB port on the laptop.It was the easiest mod to do on the Warrior IMO.Soldering is involved if you follow "the perfect install".

I would recommend the Monster Baffles & I wouldn't recommend the Baron's rear reservoir because some members developed cracks in theirs.I ordered the rear reservoir plate & necessary parts from Bub's by phone.I'm using the map for Samson SS & the stock filter even though I have a VBAK which I would also recommend you do.My plugs are near perfect color.Fuel Moto is the cheapest place fro the PCIII.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_general_downloads.aspx

http://bub.com/Yamaha_Warrior.cfm?pa=list&psearch=&zsb=0&sc1=Yamaha&sc2=Warrior&sc3=2%20into%202

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

http://www.hotrodsbikeworks.com/tech/0507hrb_thunder_monsters/index.html

·
Registered
692 Posts
+ 1 on FuelMoto being the cheapest - that's where I got mine

The newer PCIII's have the perfect install already built in so NO SOLDERING OR CUTTING OF WIRES is required. Just unplugging and reconnecting existing connectors on your bike - super super easy

You can hook your laptop (PC only - just in case your a Mac guy) directly to the PCIII using the supplied USB cable, or if you don't have a laptop you can unplug the PCIII and bring it in the house and hook it to your computer by powering the PCIII through it's built in 9V battey connection.

The software is included very easy to use, basically you can load maps (either from the powercommander website, or from this site - they are free from both places). Basically you open up the map you want to load, hook up your PCIII to you computer (with either the bike running or the PCIII powered by 9V battery) and click the send map button and your ready to rock. Takes about 2 seconds to load a map.

The only advantage I have found with hooking the computer to the PCIII while it is on the bike is that the software reads and displays the RPM's so you can dial in the idle.

·
Administrator
29,683 Posts
IMO its also easier and fasterto set the zero% throttle parameter, and the WOT% parameter,with a laptop connected and the bikerunning.

On the subject of maps, there are plenty out there on Dynojets site, and even here on this forum (see DOWNLOADS link top of page), and something will get you close. But at some point you will begin to wanta custom dynotune to recover some of the power you will lose with that aftermarket exhaust.

Oops, now I've opened a can of worms . . .

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I know a rear brake reservior relocation kit is not included with the Samson Street Sweepers. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. It'll save me $85. Thanks for the link to fuelmotousa.com. I've looked all over the internet, and I've never seen it for that low of a price. The common price is $290 and up. Dennis Kirk wants $333. Thanks for all the info guys. Not only am I getting better informed, but you guys are saving me a lot of money

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:
As far as I know a rear brake reservior relocation kit is not included with the Samson Street Sweepers. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

You have been corrected - there is a bracket that will hold the rear master cylinder in place of the stock exhaust bracket it is attached to.

·
Registered
679 Posts
fastby250cc said:
You have been corrected - there is a bracket that will hold the rear master cylinder in place of the stock exhaust bracket it is attached to.

There's a bracket, but it doesn't come with Samson pipes unless they changed their kit recently.That's why I suggested the Bub's bracket since I've got 13000 miles on mine with no problem.You might want to consider the Jug Huggers pipes in the Bub's link also since you like the 2-2 pipes.Some of the Samson pipes have cracked but some like mine haven't.But the Rhinehearts crack from a design flaw & they are made by Bub's.Maybe the Jug guys will chime in with any problems they have had.Shag's friends haven't had any problems with theirs but that's a small % of the guys that have them.As for you 2-1 pipe guys with your claim of lost power(HP being the correct term), us 2-2 pipe guys will always look & sound better than the trumpet players & probably havemore torque.If the complete package is setup correctly we'll be alongside you in a race.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Scoper50 said:
As far as I know a rear brake reservior relocation kit is not included with the Samson Street Sweepers. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. It'll save me $85. Thanks for the link to fuelmotousa.com. I've looked all over the internet, and I've never seen it for that low of a price. The common price is $290 and up. Dennis Kirk wants $333. Thanks for all the info guys. Not only am I getting better informed, but you guys are saving me a lot of money

Order it from the member here and save the $85 since he's saying it definitely comes with the relocation kit if he's willing to guarantee that. Mine didn't though. Also keep in mind that Dennis Kirk will match fuelmotousa.com's price if you'd prefer to buy from them (great at having things in stock).

HOPEFULLY you'll get one of the new PCIIIs which have the "perfect install" (tps plug) wiring included so it will be completely plug up and go but when you get it in check and see (the new one will have two plastic connectors, not just one) and if it's an old one like what I got not too long ago you can send it back or send it to Dynojet and have them modify it for you if you don't feel like doing the little splice job for the perfect install. It's definitely the way to go though. The ECU bump concept has been debunked pretty well now for months as it seems to only make a difference at idle. Don't worry about maps, they're free, easily found, easily loaded and easy to change to try for improvement.

·
Registered
727 Posts
fastby250cc said:
Scoper50 said:
As far as I know a rear brake reservior relocation kit is not included with the Samson Street Sweepers. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

I need to correct my statement - I called to double check and they DO NOT include the bracket. It was late when I wrote this - my apologies. As mentioned you do have some options with other manufactures that do make a bracket...

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you go for the pciii make sure you tell them you want the newer version with throttle position sensorconnectors. No need for soldering as in the perfect install, it's strictly a plug and play.

·
Administrator
29,683 Posts
No worries, things change so fast today.

Bub used to sell their $15 relo bracket separately. Maybe they still do?

Contact Information

General and Sales Questions : [email protected]

Technical Support: [email protected]

Warranty Questions and Claims: [email protected]

Toll Free: SALES 800-934-9739

Toll Free: WARRANTY 877-BUB-PIPE (877- 282-7473)

Phone: 530-477-7490

fastby250cc said:
I need to correct my statement - I called to double check and they DO NOT include the bracket. It was late when I wrote this - my apologies. As mentioned you do have some options with other manufactures that do make a bracket...

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Scoper50 said:
I have settled on a set of Samson Street Sweepers, a Barons AIS Blockoff kit, and Barons rear brake reservior relocation kit. I was orginally planning on doing the ECU Bump to accomidate for the new exhaust but nobody can give me a straight answer as to how much to bump it. And I don't really have the patience or desire to keep pulling my spark plugs half a dozen times to get it right.
Chris, stay away from the Bump, you will void the bike warranty with it (since you have a brand new 2008).
PC3 USB is the way to go... and if you get it make sure it has the new TCP harness. If it doesn't, do not worry. Just call the Dynojet guys for an RMA and they will upgrade the harness for free. In this way, you do not need to perform Oliver's perfect install. Installing it will be a child job... 3 plugs to snap and you are done.

Once done with the install, you will need a decent map. You can check the Maps forum and pick the one will suit your custom parts. So far, you have only the Sweepers (great choice) to hook. Once you install the new pipes, the first thing you will do is complain a lot... "Where the **** all my bike kick went???" I would strongly advice you to get a pair of Big City Thunder baffles. When you will get them, your face will drop: "80 bucks for those 2 little pieces of metal???". Trust me... once you install them, you will recoup 95% of the lost torque. Stick them deep, at least 6 inches in the pipe. Once everything installed, you will wakeup the beast...

The Sweepers don't come with a reservoir relocation kit. My advice is not to install the rear brake reservoir relocation kit. I had the stock reservoir with my Sweepers, until I decided to get the Elite forward controls. Eventually, you will get a pair of controls that have a reservoir and you will have to toss the relocation kit anyways. Leave it like that for now, it does not look bad at all. Check how it looks on my bike:

The reservoir gone with the new controls:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for all the replys. I'm going to order a PCIII from fuelmoto. Hopefully it will be the newer version with the TPS harness, but if it isn't, I have absolutely no problem soldering. I'm a mechanic. I do it all the time. As for the street sweepers, I know that some people have had problems with the mounting brackets breaking. I have decided to go with street sweepers anyway. I figured I'll take my chances. In my opinion, they are the best looking pipes. I'm also looking for something loud. Street sweepers seem to fit the bill. If the pipes break I can always weld them back up myself. No big deal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I do not know why so many people buy brackets to relocate the resivior. It fits under the seat **** near perfect and so snug it does not need a bracket. Requires no new hose to the MC or anything.I have had mine there since like the second week of owning the bike and never had an issue. This position still makes it easy to check and add if necessary. The ecu bump according to many has hardly any effect on the fuel curve after idle according to many. I bumped 6 points with big shots and a diy v-bak, but plan to use a pcIII next year with a good dyno tune. Thats the route you should go.. tunes from some one else bike are not going to work that great.

You really should get out with all us MN riders. Some very knowlegable people and of course always fun.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
datman7890 said:
I do not know why so many people buy brackets to relocate the resivior. It fits under the seat **** near perfect and so snug it does not need a bracket. Requires no new hose to the MC or anything.I have had mine there since like the second week of owning the bike and never had an issue. This position still makes it easy to check and add if necessary. The ecu bump according to many has hardly any effect on the fuel curve after idle according to many. I bumped 6 points with big shots and a diy v-bak, but plan to use a pcIII next year with a good dyno tune. Thats the route you should go.. tunes from some one else bike are not going to work that great.

You really should get out with all us MN riders. Some very knowlegable people and of course always fun.

I would love to get out and ride with other MN riders. Riding with other people is always more fun than riding solo. As for the brake reservior bracket, I am choosing to put the reservior on a bracket rather than putting it under the seat. The reason is this. If I don't have a bracket, then I have two open bolt holes where the bracket is sopposed to be, and then it looks like something is missing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You just put the bolts back in the holes.. looks just fine.

Good choice on the sweepers I say.. The more I look at them the more I want them...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts