RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy a set of the Samson Ground Pounders and a Power Commander. Does anyone have any suggestions of what type of Power Commander to buy and where to go? Thanks

Josh

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I believe they all come with the 9 volt adapter. You will need it to power your PC3 if you plan on uploading maps to it, while it is off the bike. If you adjust or upload while it is attached to your bike, you won't need the battery power.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Bummer, I guess I was wrong. I bought mine at Kyle for $259, BTW. Darkstar, that's the price of being one of the first, I guess.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Daimon1054

I would check to see if the PCIIIri is out for the warrior. It is supposed to let you control timing as well.

that's what i'm gonna do, wait for the pc3r

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

I wouldn't hold your breath.....plus it's not going to be a PCIIIr it'll be called something else.

rob, what are your thoughts on dynotuning without a pc3 via adjusting the settings on the stock ecu? would it be a waste of time? if so, why?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Daimon1054

Mine is a PCIIIr! at least that is what is written on it. The ri is the one that adjust the ignition.

really!!!??? okay, the obvious questions are, where from, and how much???and have you actually adjusted your timing with it??

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Mine is an r not and ri the ri is the one that allows you to adjust timing. the r is the next version that from what I understand is easier to program but does not allow timing adjustment.
When I had the HD shop (which is the powercomander center here)they look at the bike they quoted me 200 to build a map when he looked at the box and said OH that is the r I can do that one quicker so it should be about 50 bucks less.
Now that ends my knowledge on the power comander, sorry. I know of the i from talking w/ powercomander on the phone and the guy said they may make one. May being the key word! And I say the r is easier to program because of what the HD shop guy said.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Daimon, There is no such thing as a PCIIIr for the Warrior there is only a PCIII.The r model allows the control of the timing. There is no difference in the time it takes to map a bike with a III vs a IIIr (if there were such a thing for the Warrior) actually a r model will have one more variable thrown in, the adjustment of timing...so he's really missing it. With all due respect to the Harley guys, but you would be better off at a place that does sport bikes, they really know fuel injection and performance (and what a pcIIr is...).

As for adjusting the stock ECU..sure you can do it but the PCIII was made to do it much easier and will be much more precise. Plus you can just dump a map into it and be done...you'll fiddle all day with the stock ECU to try and get the same results. The PCIII is a really amazing tool when used right.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Powercommander does have a new version on the way it's called the PCIIIusb here's an clip off of their site.
"The Power Commander IIIusb was introduced in 2003 and utilizes the same "direct injector control" technology as the PCIII. The USB (Universal Serial Bus) port provides an instant, no-hassle way to connect the Power Commander module to a computer. This model also features an expansion port for future add-on modules like an ignition module."

Future add on modules....rev limit adjustment maybe?

But once again don't hold off on getting a current PCIII if you need one, remember as near and dear as the Warrior is to us, they have loads of other much hotter bikes to make these things for first...money talks and I would bet that more GSXR-1000's are sold in New YOrk State than Warriors in the whole USA...our time will come. Slowly but surely it will. So don't wait, if your bike needs a PCIII now, get it. You may do more harm than good by waiting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I talked with the local dealer here in Little Rock and he told me that I really didn't need to download any maps, that it would come ready to go and all I would have to do is wire it up and go. Being new at this I don't know whether believe him or get violent.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts