RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I called Dynojet on Friday the 17th to talk about how to get a new map and the tech I talked to said with me having a PC3 and it being basically obsolete that there is no support for it anymore therefore if it malfunctioned they could not repair it or help with it, But they are offering a customer loyalty buyback,and trade they will take my PC3 usb and upgrade me with the PC5 with a tune that fits all my mods already installed for $199
I have to send them my PC3 first,then they well issue the trade.

Registered
Sounds fair. As with all electronics, in this day and age, technology is a constant "moving forward" and at an extremely fast pace. If it were me, I would take the upgrade, but I have to ask the question on when does this constant advancement stop? I hate to say it, but I am old school and feel that the old ways were better as we could maintain our bikes without an electrical engineering degree or such. Post up what you decide to do and the results if you do indeed upgrade. Ride Safe and Be Safe!!
Rg

Registered
My local Dyno tune mob have ordered me the PC5 or V ... for your info the cost of the unit here is $675 AUD

$199 USD ($284AUD) exchange is fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Interesting I was going to call them about my pc3 on Monday lol. Guess that answer will be no.

199 trade in doesnt sound like a bad deal at all

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
I think i would go with the Dynatech fusion like GDwarrior last switched to. It does everything including adjusting the timing.

Registered
Well Gilly, the consensus here says take the deal. I鈥檓 old school myself, but with the warrior being fuel injected I have no need to tune the carbs.

Registered
By the way op. If you just need a new Map try the ones on the forums. That's what I am going to do when I get my ECU back.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
By the way op. If you just need a new Map try the ones on the forums. That's what I am going to do when I get my ECU back.

When I try to open any of the maps they come up as corrupt,and won't download.
But after talking to the tech for 200 buck to have an up to date controller is a good deal .

Registered
When I try to open any of the maps they come up as corrupt,and won't download.
But after talking to the tech for 200 buck to have an up to date controller is a good deal .
Interesting. I tried some of the ones here on the forums and they download and open in the software fine. Havent installed yet though

Premium Member
I think i would go with the Dynatech fusion like GDwarrior last switched to. It does everything including adjusting the timing.
Well I haven't been on the DynoJet website in a bit but the Power Commander for the Warrior now says it controls timing as well....
POWER COMMANDER V FOR YAMAHA XV1700 ROAD STAR WARRIOR(FUEL & IGNITION)

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Well I haven't been on the DynoJet website in a bit but the Power Commander for the Warrior now says it controls timing as well....
I removed my PC3 and shipped it out to DynoJet for the trade in/up!

Registered
I don鈥檛 know the truth in this but .... the mechanic who ordered my PC V said some versions don鈥檛 have ignition timing adjustment due to some legal action between EPA (govt environment) and Harley Davidson .. He was surprised the Warrior PC had full control and said it would result in a better tune.

If anyone read my other post about PC & Dyno you would see he鈥檚 having a few issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
You guys see that drastic a performance increase from pc3 to pc5 even doing the perfect install?

Administrator
The newer PC-V option with timing control is a real solid step-up, plus the PC-V originally was a solid step-up from PCiii.

The newer PC-V with timing control still needs tuning for every motor mod. But when tuned right its power rivals the Cobra CVT. But the CVT never needs tuning (except sometimes it needs a minor tweak when first installed). So I'm still using CVT. And Ivans.

Its exciting that good Warrior tuners are so plentiful right now!

Registered
[QUOTE="arizonawarrior, post: 3885658, member: 26103"

Its exciting that good Warrior tuners are so plentiful right now![/QUOTE]

Are there any dyno figures in this group showing stock hp & torque figures?

Mine was dyno with PC V yesterday, I鈥檓 happy with the short ride I鈥檝e had so far, I wasn鈥檛 sure what to expect what increases the PC gives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts