RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts

Now it needs a new battery. Charged up the Battery with no luck, bike mechanic came around and checked it over and put his big portable battery on it and Whoomph up it started with barely a turn over but checking with multi meter it wasn’t taking a charge from the bike running, fingers crossed it doesn’t need a new charging rectifier as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I removed my PC3 and shipped it out to DynoJet for the trade in/up!
Let us know how it goes.

I also have a PC3 USB and would be interested in the upgrade if the new PCV has ignition control. I have one of the old PCVs without the ignition that I just installed on my spiked Warrior. I had removed it from my flamed Warrior to install the Dynatec Fusion. When I looked for the instructions they were for a PCV with the ignition control and had a lot more things to connect (they were exactly the instructions for the Fusion as far as I can tell). I figured that they upgraded the PCV. That exchange would be worth it to me if they have.

FWIW, I've had starting issues ever since I put in the Fusion. It was just hard starting at first but would start, now I can't even take the flamed Warrior anywhere for fear it won't start to get me home.

·
Administrator
28,818 Posts
I haven't put mine on a dyno since maybe ~2006. These mods don't raise hp much but can deliver more torque off the line and also provide much better throttle response. You can easily ruin a perfectly good $300 rear tire in one day if you get crazy. You can also waste the remains of a tattered rear tire on a 60' stick man like Sangathor. Or run-to-pop like many in the early days did. But its more fun to get up in the mountain twisties and have a go. The power out of the tilted corners is addictive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also have a 2016 triumph Bonneville T120.
Their 1200cc motor tuned in a stock thruxton is about the same results, a little lower on the rpm's.
Not bragging, just comparing.
Mines about 80 and 80 at 2500.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My son is trying to convince me to buy a 2010 low Klms BMW 1300K SE ... sport tourer for those longer rides with the Ulyssus group ... haven’t even sat on one so the jury is out on that idea at this stage.

170hp and similar torque as the Warrior .. of course different bikes / characteristics / revs etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Put the Ivan's flash on and rode for 50 miles. I dont think I need anything else thing rides perfect.

I may install the pc3 just to see if it makes any differences but i have no problem with the way it runs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Triumph 1200 cc twin is not a high rev engine like BMW 1300. (Thats alot of HP !)
Its kind of like the warrior with the power and torque lower in the rev range. Its a 500lb bike.
I definitely like the warrior way better. Just so smooth and stable.
Mine has V&H pipes with an older fuel pak tune cpu. Very spunky, very smooth but keeps stalling at idle.

·
Registered
691 Posts
DEC get that idle sorted, it’s not just a simple idle up I presume?

·
Registered
684 Posts
To ride that BMW I would need to buy a step ladder to get up to the seat. That’s why the warrior is great. With it being lowered I can throw my leg over like a dog having a piss.😎😎

·
Registered
691 Posts
Any ideas ?
I do not know what to try
The simple thing 1st would be to adjust the idle up, remove seat and at the rear of the tank is a knurled knob, turning it raises the idle up or down. I’ve read some can be hard to turn and may need a spray with some lubricant 1st.

Other than that maybe a vacuum hose off somewhere, I’m honestly grasping at straws here. The Brains Trust would have a better idea than me.

·
Registered
691 Posts
To ride that BMW I would need to buy a step ladder to get up to the seat. That’s why the warrior is great. With it being lowered I can throw my leg over like a dog having a piss.
I can relate to that Stryder, the main reason I felt so comfortable and back in the saddle again was the ease of riding the Warrior ... I can be guilty of over thinking and wanting stuff I don’t really need .. I’ll give it a year and see how I feel then about another companion to the Warrior.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you on the idle adjustment.
I do see it, I will adjust it.
I was thinking the Fuel pak controlled it.
So simple :) 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
684 Posts
I can relate to that Stryder, the main reason I felt so comfortable and back in the saddle again was the ease of riding the Warrior ... I can be guilty of over thinking and wanting stuff I don’t really need .. I’ll give it a year and see how I feel then about another companion to the Warrior.

Last year when I got my license back before getting my full license I had to do a Q Ride. So when I made the appointment I was asked what sort of bike did I want to ride. I said something love and maybe a twin. Now this is after not riding any bike for 35 years. So what do I find when I got there for the test.....a Honda 700 something or other. It was also very high. I thought “how the **** am I going to get my leg over that”. Luckily the instructor went inside his office so I used the foot pegs to get on. The first thing I noticed was this large tank and the fact that without starting the engine it was a walnut crusher. The next thing I noticed was that I had to stretch to reach the bars. To add insult to injury the footpegs were set back. To cut a long story short I passed the test, got my full license and spent a week on my back recovering from the ordeal. So my friend I already know the answer lolol😎😎

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey Jim, did you get the PCV yet? Does it have ignition control?
I'm having an issue with my old PVC and Autotune, and I'm thinking about trading in my PCIII like you did.
Yes I did,and it also hooks into the ignition coils so I would say yes on the ignition.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts