RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and gals,

Have a tricky one....
Have some ideas that includes the vacuum sensors that we use in our bikes.
What I am after is specifications of this sensor.
This is not how to wire it or where to install but actual electrical spec's
So what is the full range of this sensor and what is the feedback?

Does anybody know and/or have a tech doc for this sensor?
Extensively googled it but cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance

Dutch :cool:

·
Administrator
28,760 Posts
Check the Service Manual, pages 1-14 and 6-19 for 'overview' and 'internal' info in case helpful to what ever you are after, and see page 7-61 for troubleshooting data which notes: Intake air pressure sensor output voltage 4.75 ~ 5.25 DCV

I don't know if the sensor itself is capable of voltages outside those parameters, that might be indicated on the sensor itself, but I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the Service Manual, pages 1-14 and 6-19 for 'overview' and 'internal' info in case helpful to what ever you are after, and see page 7-61 for troubleshooting data which notes: Intake air pressure sensor output voltage 4.75 ~ 5.25 DCV

I don't know if the sensor itself is capable of voltages outside those parameters, that might be indicated on the sensor itself, but I hope this helps.
Thanks AW, however I am after the full spec, e.g. full vacuum range versus the output.
I did read this part in the manual, but that is purely under atmospheric pressure.
Will keep on searching :)

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Yamaha Factory Service Manual error

Dutch ... i don't know what you have in mind but the factory service manual troubleshooting specs and wiring configuration is not correct so be careful if using another style sensor as the wiring schemes can be different.
I'm enclosing some info that was hosted on the forum in the past.

Pages 7-61 & 7-62 have the corrections for the proper output voltages and polarity. Keep in mind that L = 5vdc & B/L = Isolated Ground for the 5vdc circuit used for all the sensors.

The resolution of the sensor can be tested with a hand vacuum gauge if all else fails with the ignition key on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Alan,

As last resort, this is exactly what i will do.
Just was hoping for a tech sheet of the sensor.

Cheers for the mark-ups. Would have figured this out but it is always easier if somebody else 'invented the wheel'

I will inform later what my plans are :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts