RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, been a while since I posted here. Long story short, I dumped my bike a little over a week ago. My dumb I admit, but enough of that. I do know I need to "re-center" the triples and check the whole bike over. My flaming question now............

I just had it running in the garage allowing it to warm up some. I rapped the throttle a few times and this is the first time I noticed a pretty blue flame "popping" out of my pipes (V&H Big Shots) on engine decel. I do have a homemade BAK and stock ECU, richened up 3-4 points from stock I believe (I have it writtne down somewhere). Is this normal? I have never seen it before and just wondering. I know the air fliters could stand a cleaning and the plugs could use a change. Bike has almost 30K (29.8K) miles. Please feed me your thoughts on this.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the same set up (but richer) and I have the same thing happen now and then. My buddy noticed it the other day when we left my house at about 10pm and 30 degrees out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
samsons and power commander with map from dynojet website... same popping. every once and a while i get a pretty loud backfire too. hopefully more will chime in.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
i have ground pounders on a stock bike,, no flames here..my buddy has a set of V&H pipes on his stock hardley DWG and it shoots flames, it also drips oil....

·
Registered
13 Posts
It happens when your bike's running rich at that moment.

It's not to be confused with a backfire, which is when fuel ignites and "explodes backward" into your air intake.

·
Registered
718 Posts
my speed star pipe did it with a member form this sites map. it was just a little rich. if i rapped the throttle a couple times the fuel would build up in the pipe and push blue flames out about a foot. No worries just lean it out or live with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AIS has been removed also. Thanks for the input folks. I will post a follow up after I do the tune up and such.

·
Registered
71 Posts
im runnin street sweepers and if i keep on it between 4 and 5k its shooting flames out both pipes. noticed at work during nite bored and was fixin bike. mostly blue hints of orange. kinda odd coming out of ur longer pipes ive seen on short pipes unbaffed but never on longer pipes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts