RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike 3 weeks ago, and up until today I really only went on a couple "joy rides" the first day I got it. The rest of the time I was commuting to work and back and just running to the store and stuff like that. My parents bought a Harley last spring, and they invited me to cruise up to Stillwater, MN. Those of you who are local to me will know where that is. So I met my parents in Brooklyn Park. From there we cruised up to Stillwater up along the St Croix River. We stopped at some biker bar and grill, and had a burger and a beer. From there we cruised down to South Minneapolis to visit my grandpa. He's 87 years old and lonely, so he likes it when people stop by.

Ended up putting on about a hundred miles. Not too long, not too short. All and all a good time. It felt good to give the warrior a good run.

·
Registered
128 Posts
**** right! almost same scenario here. alot of back and forth to work, around town and a little 30 minute ride to see my brother has been most of the riding i have done since i got the warrior. i finally got it out and did a little "fun run" with a couple of the guys i work with last night. we all met up at the closest hooters, which is about 45 minutes from here, we ate and then we all took off and cruised around. both of them ride R1's and there were a couple of their freinds that ride R6's and then me on the warrior. i didn't exactly blow em away but managed to hang with em all to a degree. haha i didnt go on the 140 mph busrts nor did i pull of any wheelies but we all had a great time. it was really nice to get it out and ride for some fun! "all they kept sayin is **** that thing is loud! " glad you got out for some nice riding time, great bike huh?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put 575 miles on my new warrior this past weekend also. I wascommuting back and forth to work with a couple of short trips here and there was all. Very impressive bike as I have previously owned 3 Harleys. Need to get a detachable windshield though. I will say however, that I got more compliments on the warrior this weekend than with anyof the Harleys I have owned. People were coming up to me in gas stations wondering what it was. Folks coming into the taverns asking, who has the bike with the giant chrome pipe! The performance matched the attention it received and I can't wait to get some pipes next spring.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Twista Grip said:
People were coming up to me in gas stations wondering what it was. Folks coming into the taverns asking, who has the bike with the giant chrome pipe! The performance matched the attention it received and I can't wait to get some pipes next spring.

Pretty much the same scenario with me. I was riding with 2 guys that both rode Harleys and every time we would come out of the bike shop, bar, or hooters there were people standing around the warrior talking about how sharp it looked. The other 2 harleys were nothing to laugh at either one was a 2008 softtail with the screaming eagle air filter and V&H pipes on it. He was busting my balls asking how far will that thing go on one plate of rice? I had to let him know it would travel farther and faster on one plate of rice than his on the highest octane gas he could put in it. I think he was getting mad at my bike getting all the attention.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Scoper,

Welcome to the group. Not sure if you check the MN forum thread but there are lots of us around and we try to do group rides often.

We also have a contact list so we can get hold of each other in a hurry.

Your ride sounds fun. Check in with the group if you ever want to get out for a ride...even informal quick rides in the evening.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts