RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, but have been checking out the site for a couple months. I love it. I just sold my Honda and am thinking of joining the Warrior band wagon. I am looking at a 2006 minight warrior with 400 miles on it. The dealer says i will be about $10,800 out the door. Anyone have an opinion on that being a descent deal or not?
i'd appreciate any thoughts or comments.[8D]

garyc

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Not bad if you still have the warranty. But he should throw in an exhaust for that price if it still has the stock.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome to the site Bro. Sorry I can't comment on the price for you, I'm in England where the price of a Warrior is waaaaay higher than in the US. Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are saying kind of what i've been thinking, a little lower price and an exhaust is the way i should go. I think he said it had about 8 more months on the factory warranty.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I agree... go 10 (I might even start at 9,800) or make them throw on a diff pipe and go 10,500

I used to be a yammi salesman in 04 and I remember we had a used '03 with groundpounders that I wanted to buy, had about 1k on it (i think, maybe a little more) and MY price was going to be $7,500 which was about %15 above what they were in on it... so you could haggle a bit I'm sure. Remember, that was employee price, I think it was on the floor for $9,500.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats good to know. maybe thats why he's had it for sale for the last month with no takers.
I know you guys are partial to the yamaha, but i was also considering the new Harley Nightser because i Like the way they look and are close in price. Anyone rode one or know somebody who has one. Would it even compare to the Warrior in ride and speed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dude, no contest between the nightster and the warrior. I wanted the nightster for my first bike, and no one had it in stock...I saw the Warrior, and took it home after staring at it for 4 hours contemplating. later on that same shop got a nightster in...i sat down on the bike, started it, and immediately shut it off and said "nah". the warrior is the ultimate as far as power per dollar in muscle-cruiser land.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the site, bro. You might be able to get a little better deal, but that's not to say that it isn't a good deal... it is.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TODAY ANOTHER ONE CAME UP IN MY AREA FROM A PRIVATE PARTY, AN 06' MIDNIGHT, 1000 MILES ON IT FOR $9500. I AM GOING TO LOOK AT IT. IT SOUNDS LIKE A LITTLE BIT BETTER DEAL. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome! See what extras you can get out of the stealer. Every little helps and will save you $ in the long run.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think that was a good price, I paid more than that for my new 05 black cherry, extended warranty, security system but if you can get him down then go for it.y-not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I paid 9550 for mine with 917 miles 06 non midnight. Cobalt with flames. Had 2000 worth of accessories including the big shots, risers, bars, billet teardrops, chrome grips and some nice clean yami foot pegs and controls. oh yeah and a billet shift assembly. But the lady was getting a divorce so i lucked up a bit!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just got a 06 midnite FOR 8,900 9,500 OUT THE DOOR with no miles on it. They are out of the way and eager for a sale. I had just stopped for gloves. Now my 1100 vstar has a playmate. Didn't want them touching it so didn't haggle for goodies.
Dana

1 - 20 of 22 Posts