RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Be carefully when using this chart...for instance, it shows that the metz 260 is wider then the dunlop 250....but that is because they are mounted on different size rims....most ,if not all 250s are wider than the metz 260......

QUOTE=alanh;2226433]Rob ... yes it is with some modifications. Search for 280 in the FatBa$tards from the early days and their solutions by checking the galleries and or threads of those early members.

The Metzeler 280/35r18 is a low profile tire and doesn't s..tand tall! .... it has a smaller OD than the 240/40r18 Dunlop Elite 3 and is the same mounted OD as the Metzeler 240/40r18 :)

To put this into perspective it is 7/16" taller than the stock Battlax BT020 and taillight/wiring clearances aren't any more challenging than the 240 tires. Spacing the fender stays and reshaping the fender skirt were some solutions that come to m
HTML:
ind.

Here's a jpeg of '04' & > inner fender for ref:

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
On my '02 I got my fender stays widened and took my fender to a body shop and had it widened, I like the look of a stock fender over a 280.
Not sure if I am going to go wide w/da '07, I like chrome and it involves a lot of money when you talk stays,fender, tire, rim, swingarm, pulley...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for all of the information you gave me when I spoke to you yesterday. I look forward to buying a swingarm from you in a couple of weeks. See you in Reno.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for all of the information you gave me when I spoke to you yesterday. I look forward to buying a swingarm from you in a couple of weeks. See you in Reno.
Thanks for your support! It is always cool for me to get to meet people who are purchasing my parts, show me there bike in person, or take time to post pictures or even text pic after the work is done. Always feels rewarding when I get to see the end result :cool:

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
had some calls today about 280 pricing so thought I would bump this to the top. If you are purchasing a complete 280 kit (wheel/arm/brake bracket/pulley spacer) call and I will tell you how to save another $50-100 if you make your purchase SOON!

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
been getting lots of PMs and order due to tax returns so wanted to bump this to the top. Also, due to increased fees on this site sooner then later I will be forced to up some of my pricing :( I will of course due my best to work with forum members. As always feel free to call for a quick response and to run over current pricing and a few ways to save cash on your wide tire needs.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
I am getting close to my wide tire needs being satisfied. This accident threw a wrench into my plans but still trying to save ! OK, maybe not this big but I am a dreamer!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I am getting close to my wide tire needs being satisfied. This accident threw a wrench into my plans but still trying to save ! OK, maybe not this big but I am a dreamer!

Free Bump KYLE. just because I love my 280 from you.

Just do it Midnyte... not that your bike isn't bad a$$ enough, but I just love the fat back.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks TribalMR2!

Oh yeah I will match anyones price on all my parts :0) WAIT! I am already the lowest priced out there and have been for years.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thought it may be quicker to post on this page for all who were interested. I just finished a batch of 10 motor mount and picked them up from powder coat on Friday. I still have 5 available so if you would like one give me a quick call 775.351.8221 to set up payment and shipping.
Thank You
..... Oh yeah I have 4 hidden caliper brackets in powder coat ready to ship also.
Motor mounts are $99, caliper brackets $105, plus shipping on both items

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
thats is very nice work. you guys have skill which leads me to ask a question. when you had the frame apart why didnt you switch to a single backbone? with the wish bone style it has we are limited to the stock tank or have to heavily modify another which i have yet to see done. with a single back bone you can use just about any tank out there.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
thats is very nice work. you guys have skill which leads me to ask a question. when you had the frame apart why didnt you switch to a single backbone? with the wish bone style it has we are limited to the stock tank or have to heavily modify another which i have yet to see done. with a single back bone you can use just about any tank out there.
I hear you a single back bone frame would make tank choices so easy. I have scratched my head and for me there are about 10 reasons I do not see this happening. On a show bike this would be simple on a daily driver that has to function and be safe I would not be comfortable doing this.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mplayer1

Kyle,
I just got time to install the rear caliper mod bracket I got from you and it looks great! Simple to install and cleaned up the rear wheel nicely as a ton of guys here will attest to! Thanks!

·
Registered
524 Posts
All pricing current? My brother-in-law wants to go 240 on his warrior, 5 spoke rim. So it would be a modded rim raw finish and welds exposed and prolly gonna do a raw finished brake bracket also.
I have a guy who does powercoating.
Been running your 260 arm and brake bracket for about 3 yrs/40,000 miles now still as good as the day you sent them to me.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts