RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well is it the right choice for good performance?
I really like the looks and people say they are good. I just wanna make sure /emoticons/emotion-5.gif
She'll get the full black treatment that I love so much....$450 for the pipe...how much for the powder coating?
thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
It depends on some factors. Lowered or not, forward controls, your weight, your suspension adjustment, etc. On a stock height bike, with stock foot location, I hit the pegs first and have yet to hit the pipe. But I don't drive the corners that hard, just hard enough to touch down the pegs ever now and then.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Can't beat it for performance. I like the exhaust note too. Suspect baffles though, am on the 3rd this year. They like to snap off @ the mounting tabs. My bike is stock heighth and I have only scraped once--I'm pretty aggressive in the twisties.
Not sure about powder coating cost--can't be that much.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
It'll scrape no matter what your suspension set up is. Just depends on your ability to ride it that hard. I prefer the stock header and Bubs slip on. The sound is better and the styling is more in tune with the bike from my perspective. You get better clearance with the stock header too. I have a Porpipe too and have to admit she has more punch with it on than my current exhaust system setup. Style is your call, performance is definately there though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I definately got a few more ponies when I threw on the Propipe.

$450 sounds kinda high. I've seen them as low as $350.

Give amospro a PM, he's got a powder coater guy.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips...
I have the PCS lowering kit, and I tear up my Rip Saws..hehehe on the right side, and the peg on the left..
For me it's go fast, and corner hard, I like to Race my utterly astonished buddy on his R6 in the twisties.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by breeke

Well is it the right choice for good performance?
I really like the looks and people say they are good. I just wanna make sure /emoticons/emotion-5.gif
She'll get the full black treatment that I love so much....$450 for the pipe...how much for the powder coating?
thanks

Hi: Prop-pipe best performance.
Other choices without ground clearance problem:
1)Speedstar new 2 into 1 pipe.(chrome) Maybe they have it now in black for the 2005 Warrior.
2)Muzzy 2 into 1 pipe. (Stainless steel)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've got a pro-pipe and it makes plenty of power but the quality is rubbish - peeling chrome and cracked baffles.

If you look at bikes that have been custom mapped with a Muzzy they are making very good power and the quality looks great. I am guessing that the Muzzy makes more power than the Speedstar and possibly more than the pro-pipe. The other advantage of the Muzzy is that it gives much more ground clearance.

Anyone want to swap a pro-pipe with peeling chrome and cracked baffles for a Muzzy?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I've got a propipe and I love it. I have not experience any baffle problems tto date. I took my baffle out Saturday and it is still in good shape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
can any body tell me how much difference there is in a full system vs say the bubs slash cut slip on really like the way it looks but do not want to hurt the hp.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmmm...that's odd, I have a Propipe and have not problems with chrome or baffle. I think it is a real nice pipe upgrade over stock that produces great numbers, particularly torque, and sound strong as well. No doubt it does not have the "muscular" sound of some dual drag syle pipe, but I never thought the build quality was "rubbish". The look is unique but usually leaves you in the love it or hate it camp on the visual appeal.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
fimduc, what can I say, the heatshield bubbled in less than 2 weeks of use and rust appeared in the first week - that is pretty bad quality.

dallas, from what I have seen on dyno readings and stuff the slip ons do not tend to make or lose significant power i.e. the swap just improves the soundtrack and looks a bit. Not all full systems will gain power, many will rob hp. 2 into 1 full systems generally make good power (like the stock system), the pro-pipe and others have larger diameter headers which help power. I am told that the cone shape of the end can on the pro-pipe is one of the features that helps make good power.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I contacted V&H UK and they ignored me. I contacted V&H US and they said "we do not make a pro-pipe for your bike", even after about 5 emails they still protested that they did not make a pro-pipe for the "Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior". They even had the cheek to tell me that I was using a Roadstar exhaust on my bike and that is why it had been damaged as it did not fit properly - they are a bunch of twats that have no respect for their customers!

I've had too much stress this year and figured that $330 of dodgy exhaust was the least of my worries - I'll run it till it falls off and then I'll buy a Muzzy.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
V&H customer service sucks. It's totally an afterthought. Good luck trying to get them to replace a broken baffle. I haven't had any chrome problems, but the baffle problem is annoying. Always seems to break when I'm at least 2-3 hours from home....but that is a whole different thread. Do Like the looks and sound though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts