RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever had a problem when ordering from Phats? On May 1st, I ordered a spring compressor tool and a belt guard. The tool showed in stock ships same day, the guard showed in stock ships in 4 business days. I emailed them on the 7th. No reply. I called on the 9th and the guy couldn't tell me why they hadn't shipped, and that he would ask the owner to call me with an answer. Never heard a word. Emailed again on the 13th, no reply. Called on the 14th and was told to call after 4:45 PST and ask for Terry. I did and he wasn't there, but should be there in the next 15-20 minutes, call him then. I did, no answer.
I've only ever heard good things about them so I was confident when I ordered. Not so much now. Anyone else ever have an issue like this?

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i-man, in this thread was my experience with Phats.
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/12-general-discussion/302354-tt-style-handle-bars.html

I'll PM you the owners email address.

Edit: To clarify; I do NOT know the owner. However, I've emailed him several times and have always gotten a response.
Thanks for the information, and the email address.
I understand that sometimes delays happen, for whatever reason. That's fine. But, communication about these delays would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I ordered an air ride, after four days on not getting a confirmation, I tried calling for a few days and emailing never got trough, and no email response, So I called my credit card Co and canceled payment.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered an air ride, after four days on not getting a confirmation, I tried calling for a few days and emailing never got trough, and no email response, So I called my credit card Co and canceled payment.
That sucks. I emailed the owner directly, thanks to DirtieGirtie. Really hoping that I hear back and don't have to take the same route that you did.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure you didn’t hear good things from them on this forum. Years ago they were decent, I think I might have purchased something from them. But it’s been years, and many members here don’t have much good to say about them anymore.
I'm part of the group that will have nothing good to say about them.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
It's a shame I spent a lot of money back in 2011-2012 with this company and had nothing but positive interactions.They really let themselves go downhill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update. I just got off the phone with the owner, Terry. Super nice dude. He looked into it and found that my order had been canceled due to a computer glitch. It showed that the order had been approved, but never charged. He straightened everything out and my order should ship no later than Tuesday. Now, I wait,,,,,,,,,,,again.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Good luck man! I heard that multiple times from them too, after over 2.5 months I called the credit card company to dispute the remaining parts as they only shipped a couple after 4 weeks. I wont ever buy from them again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hope everything comes through ok for you. I actually ordered Cobra Swept exhaust from them a few months back and also got a run around. First, my tracking number showed a 1lb product headed to another state. Then after calling and trying to talk with someone, I was told they were having computer issues and things would be rectified. Finally after 2 weeks, I get my pipes. What I have found was even though they were "In Stock" as shown per the website, they were ordered from another company in Texas and then sent to me. I didn't mind the wait, what I didn't like was the continued miscommunication. Just my 2¢.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope everything comes through ok for you. I actually ordered Cobra Swept exhaust from them a few months back and also got a run around. First, my tracking number showed a 1lb product headed to another state. Then after calling and trying to talk with someone, I was told they were having computer issues and things would be rectified. Finally after 2 weeks, I get my pipes. What I have found was even though they were "In Stock" as shown per the website, they were ordered from another company in Texas and then sent to me. I didn't mind the wait, what I didn't like was the continued miscommunication. Just my 2¢.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat. Finally got to talk to the manager and he said computer issue, and that they would ship by today. Well, I was charged today, so let's hope that they shipped. I will update once I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else ever had a problem when ordering from Phats? On May 1st, I ordered a spring compressor tool and a belt guard. The tool showed in stock ships same day, the guard showed in stock ships in 4 business days. I emailed them on the 7th. No reply. I called on the 9th and the guy couldn't tell me why they hadn't shipped, and that he would ask the owner to call me with an answer. Never heard a word. Emailed again on the 13th, no reply. Called on the 14th and was told to call after 4:45 PST and ask for Terry. I did and he wasn't there, but should be there in the next 15-20 minutes, call him then. I did, no answer.
I've only ever heard good things about them so I was confident when I ordered. Not so much now. Anyone else ever have an issue like this?
I bought a power commander V for my son (we both have Warriors) in November of last year, after numerous discussions with the owner and with staff, in mid January I finally filed a dispute with Paypal. I was promised it was shipped three different times. I was completely disappointed with the entire experience. So flaky, no follow up... I did all the customer servicing by being proactive, having patience and making numerous contacts. They even did not answer their phones for a week over the Christmas holiday. I will never do business with those guys again.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, my mother-in-law said that a package was on our porch Friday when she went by to check our mail for us, while we are out town. Hopefully, that is my part.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,782 Posts
No criticism intended, but years ago this type info was always moved and posted in the Vendors Forum whether they paid or didn't pay for advertising on this site!
It was a useful tool to check on a Supplier :)

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Final update. After nearly a month, several phone calls and emails, my "in stock-ships same day" item finally arrived on Thursday May 30th. Will never order from them again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts