RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some issues adding items to the motorcycle for sale section of the classifieds.

I fill my entire ad out and hit submit, nothing happens, no error, no new page, zip.

Anyone have some insite?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I had problems too. So I uploaded an image to my gallery and did forum code to post the picture. Get the link to your picture and enclose it with these [img*]YOURLINK[/*img] minus the stars.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Can I suggest that you sort the items in the classified section by Date Listed as a default? I know you can click the way you want to sort it but think it would be best set to Date Listed versus alphabetically.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
what exactly was wrong with the old system? I used to buy things from time to time from this sight, cause things would show up on the recent activity page. Now I rarely if ever go to classifieds. Fonts are to small to read comfortably, just to much a chore to check it out.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
1. The problem with the old one is that old postings were not deleted. This new system has an expiration date on the postings.

2. I like the new categories on the listings.

I ask you all this, What are the downsides of the new system?

The fonts are too small? You have to click on a link on the top of the page?

If someone can give me a major reason that new system sucks then I will consider going back to the old way. If they are minor reasons, then I can fix 'em!

CarKnee

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Carknee, for the record I LIKE the new system MUCH better. I'm just offering tips to improve it. I can see that it would SAVE server space to which is always good!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I like suggestions and please keep them coming. I think most of you can agree that I try to implement everything that you guys think of. However, there really hasnt been 1 good reason to go back to using the forums as a place to post items for sale.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Hey Bad, did you give a price? If so, did don't put a $ sign in there, just type the figure you desire.

Oly, nothing is happening with the Wanted Forum, it's completely unrelated and still functioning as it did before.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Why does the classifieds show real high viewed numbers? Says I had a 841 views on a ad and it was only up for 5 seconds, Also why can't pics be attached. I know Carnee why you like the new format because ads will automatic delete but if someone picks 90 days and they sold it in day two of there ad there not going back and deleted or putting sold with it. The old way "you" as a veiwer had a good idea if it was sold or not, plus people could explain questions that people might have had so they wouldn't ahve to answer the same question 5 times. At least the old way more people would come back and put sold in seamed. The old format was great, except for the that there should be the divisons like there is now. Just seems like there is more bugs in this system then the old. But I'm for whatever because you have to manage it and I double THANK YOU FOR THIS SITE!!! Maybe the classifieds should get a vote for old or new on the front page. We haven't had one of those for awhile.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
price cannot have a $ or a period with cents (.00). to attach a pic use forum code (see FAQs). viewed numbers seems to be related to your forum member number (why?).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts