RS Warrior Forum banner

Production pics of the Honda Fury (chopper)

8K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Ruckus 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Perhaps it's the camera angles, but the tank just seems to look wrong to me.
Certainly looks small. Although it does a look little better from the top.
I think I agree about the Raider - but to be fair I have yet to see one in the flesh.

#12 ·
I'm not much of a chopper fan, but I like this bike. I think Honda should be applauded for building it. Hopefully it will attract new, non-traditional buyers into this segment of the market, and that may evenbenefitowners of other brands of custom cruisers...like us.

I'm curious what Madav8tr thinks of it...

#14 ·
The non-symmetrical shape of the engine and covers blows it for me. In the view from the top, the way the engine sticks out so much further on the right is just wrong. Maybe if the tank were wider it would hide some of that, but the way it sticksa out so far just makes me think BMW. That is the view you would have when setting on it, and it would drive me crazy.

#15 ·
Yeah right!A 1300cc ball-less shaft driven piece o shat! Honda wanted to do something different but they didn't want to fork over the dough to develop something new in their lineup. It's like they didn't trust that it would sell enough so they didn't even put their big engine on it. Honda blows when it comes to cruisers!

#16 ·
strangebird said:
Yeah right!A 1300cc ball-less shaft driven piece o shat! Honda wanted to do something different but they didn't want to fork over the dough to develop something new in their lineup. It's like they didn't trust that it would sell enough so they didn't even put their big engine on it. Honda blows when it comes to cruisers!

Tha sad part is that the tooling cost would have been basically the same to build a belt-drive with fat tire, with a larger tank, air-cooled, and use the VTX 1800 engine. I guess these mettric manufacturers will never get grip on what p[eople really want, especially in America. Perhaps if this one is somewhat successful they' build a larger model with the necessary changes to make it true winner. Give me that frame, tank, front end/forks/wheel, and let me combine that with a belt drive, fat tire and a warrior motor/tranny and I'd have one killer chopper.

#22 ·
Imo, wasted effort. If ya wanna build a chopper look at an ironhorse or something similar. I'd take a Raider any day over that ....whatever the **** it is.

TRY AGAIN HONDA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.