RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always used Rider Insurance. Just paid the bill and never thought much about it. Since there are Progressive ads plastered everywhere, including this forum I figured I would get a quote. To my shock, its alot cheaper with higher limits then rider.

Does anyone else have Progressive and how are they when it comes time to pay you instead of you paying them?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I used to have progressive but switched to geico because it was cheaper. For my brand new 09 with full coverage on everything and the lowest deductable it's 500/year. I know this doesn't answer your question but might give you an idea about premium cost. idk if progressive does but geico returns 70% of your premium(besides the comprehensive part) for months when your bike is in winter storage.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I've had Progressive for many years on vehicles as well as the Warrior. I also am quite pleased with their rates and coverage. Especially in Arizona, where rates are higher than average.

(knock on wood), I've never had a reason to file a claim with them, so have not experienced that piece of the relationship. But, I haven't heard any horror stories.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have Progressive for the Warrior, my truck and my wifes SUV. With all of the discounts I have full coverage on the Warrior for 400 something a year. Which is pretty good in Louisiana where insurance is usually pretty high. I have never had a claim with my motorcycle but have had two of them on my truck. The first one on my truck wasn't my fault but they paid to have it fixed then they collected the money from the other peoples insurance so I wouldn't have to wait for the other company. My truck was fixed within a week of the accident.
The other claim was back in July and it was pretty minor and I have been with them long enough now that even though it was my fault they didn't put it on my record or raise my rates.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
We've been with Geico over 10 years and never have had any issues with them. My bike is fully insured for $152.00/year.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Bike: 2007
Insurance: Progressive
Coverage: Full comp and collision w/ $500 deducts, 100/300 coverage.
Rate: $396 a year

·
Registered
926 Posts
A friend of mine wrecked his Harley early Fall of '10 they were really good about paying him and also paid him 100% for all accessories on bike

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I was quoted 190 with 250 deductible and 100/300k liability. Sign me up. My renewal with Rider was 270 with way lower limits and 500 deductible.

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
190/month or 190/year!?!?!??!

Coverage: Full year comp and collision w/ $500 deducts, 100/300 coverage.
Accessory Coverage: Up to $5000
Rate: Just shopped around 6 months ago. Paying $89/month. NO other company has been able to even come close to this rate. Rider was like $190. Gecko was $130ish.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
I'm with Progressive. They actually pay me a fat stack of cash each year in return for me saying I use them for insurance. Because I'm kinda a celebrity like that. :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
wow i'm so glad this thread was posted today because i just re-evaluated my insurance situation. I just assumed the geico was the cheapest since my car premium was so much cheaper with them than anyone else but thats not the case. I'm going to switch back for the bike only, for full coverage here in NY geico was 580/yr and progressive was 260/yr. Thanks for the post, **** yeah

·
Registered
574 Posts
To take a worst case scenario, American Family wanted $1000+ a year for full coverage on my GSXR1000. Price shopped a lot and ended up insuring a 195 mph rocket for only $260 a year, full coverage with only $100 deductible. My Warrior is $216. Very happy with the pricing but I have no claims to report on. No speeding tickets in 10 years, $5000 meeting with a deer 2 years ago. I'm 44.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll be switching to Progressive here too. Currently with AmFam for $36.xx per month, but Progressive quoted me $29.xx/ month.

33 yr old
2008 Warrior
No tickets/claims...
100/300 coverage
$500 deductible
$3000 customization coverage

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
190/month or 190/year!?!?!??!

Coverage: Full year comp and collision w/ $500 deducts, 100/300 coverage.
Accessory Coverage: Up to $5000
Rate: Just shopped around 6 months ago. Paying $89/month. NO other company has been able to even come close to this rate. Rider was like $190. Gecko was $130ish.
190 a year. 190 a month would be insane. I pay less than that for 2 cars full coverage.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Years ago (5 or maybe 10?) I heard a few horror stores about Progressive, but nothing in at least 5 years now. I have home and auto insurance with USAA. 've been wit them for 29 years now. No other company can come close and several like Allstate and State Farm, tell me right up front they can't compete with USAA. For some reason USAA doesn't insure bikes. They send bike owners to Progressive. That's a great endorsement to me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts