RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Have the lizard for my bike (and have for years, full coverage less than $200 a year) and just switched my auto policy over to them when my teenage daughter stared driving. They were less than half the other quotes I got. Amazing.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Farm Bureau here. When I have a "problem" I call the local office and talk to the same guy everytime, not some 800 number and talk a towel head in california. Very quick to pay.

Also let me name the replacement value of my bike (15k) with no questions asked, no appraisal.

· Premium Member
806 Posts
Full coverage

I see a lot of very low numbers (lower than mine:eek:) from Progressive....so what do ya'll mean by "full coverage"? I assume you're including collision/liability/comp...but do your numbers also include MedPay (or PIP) and uninsured/underinsured bodily injury?

· Registered
238 Posts
30 y/0
2009 warrior
Never made a claim, nor tickets or accidents.
Have been with progressive 3 yrs.

Refered from usaa as well,

My last 2 bikes were with progressive also.

I pay $209.00 per yr, 250 comprehensive and 1000 collision, vanishing deductible, so I pay half that and in march 25% less, and next march = zero deductible.

It's funny thought as when I quoted the fz1 they wanted from 680-980 depending on deductibles! Same for the new super tenere and fz8 that I quoted.

· Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Farmers has all my stuff, and grandfathered the bikes when they dropped bikes a few years ago. Went to Foremost when I got the warrior last summer, insured three bikes for what the two cost before. great customer care and service after a wreck. 250/500 comp and coll with $100 deductible. can have no more than $15000 in upgrades to the bike.

· Registered
5,929 Posts
I pay $548 a year for two fully insured bikes with $500 deductables thru foremost insurance. You guys should see what bike insurance costs in mass. my buddy got a new roadking and had to pay $1500 for his first year! If anyone lives in mass I'd love to hear them chime in.

· Registered
3,759 Posts
For me...Progressive were incredible. Two years ago both my Fiancee and I dumped our bikes in a construction zone east of Yellowstone because the pilot car took us through the area just watered by the watertruck and the mud took us out luckily with no injuries or damage to her bike. Mine needed a lot in cosmetic replacements. The construction company could care less but Progressive were excellent making sure I did not need medical and I could ride back home. A couple of days after getting home, Progressive called, scheduled an appointment, inspected my bike at the house and printed me a check right there. Incredible service.
Markel turned out to be quite a bit cheaper this year so I changed to them but i would go back to Progressive in a heartbeat.

What I want to know is how they handle claims? I have had state farm for over 30 years now. I'm sure it costs more, but sometimes you get what you pay for...

· Premium Member
13,783 Posts
What I want to know is how they handle claims? I have had state farm for over 30 years now. I'm sure it costs more, but sometimes you get what you pay for...
Way back in 79 a gal ran a red light and my wife T-boned be VW bug. The wife was driving our brand new 79 Monte Carlo. The gal in the VW had USAA insurance. The way they handled our claim is what made me look into their rates and switch to them.
As I said earlier, I've with them for 29 years, several claims, aways great service and the lowest prices I can find. I can't imagine they would recommend Progressive for my bikes unless they were sure I would receive similar service.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
I have E-surance for both auto and motorcycles. They had a great rate. Full Coverage on the Warrior 100/300 plus liab 100/300 on an old Honda CX500. Both (for the year) are less than $400. The warrior also has 4K worth of mods included. Had a claim on one of the cars a few years ago - everything went smoothly. Just seen a commercial yesterday and looks like Allstate bought e-surance?

· Registered
95 Posts
Had a claim with Progressive in June of '10. Adjuster showed up within a couple of days and wrote a check on the spot. When bike was in the shop getting repaired any damage not noted in the initial assessment was paid for by Progressive, no hassle involved. While bike was in the shop I received several calls from a Progressive agent keeping me up to date on the progress of the repair of the bike and asking me about the progress of my injury. I have to say my experience was very good.

Burt Q

· Premium Member
13,783 Posts
Nice to hear about your way of ride. But by the progression of time insurance policy is under progression. And that's why we are looking for smarter insurance policy with cheaper rates. There are so many insurance companies to choose from that one doesn’t know where to look and who to ignore. That one has no previous insurance shopping experience only makes matters worse. Full coverage is the most extensive car insurance coverage you can get. Unfortunately, the notion among many people is that this coverage is too expensive and hence unaffordable. However, you can find cheap full coverage auto insurance if you know where to look.
Nope, we all know to ignore you!:mad:

· Registered
538 Posts
I happen to work for Progressive so you'll be keeping a roof over my head as well. I've had Progressive on all my bikes years and years before I started riding. Never had a problem and the rates are about as good as you can do.

We're #1 in bike insurance for a reason :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.