RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm reading your great forum for a while, but this will be my first post and question! :)

I'm working on my custom warrior project and planing to put 2 (duo) of the custom projection headlights for harle!

But each of them has H1-75 W (wats) single beam, so the consuming wattage would be a total of 150W !!!

This is the headligh:

The question is what I need to do to get it done without melting some wires or so? :)

Do I need to change the main wire with i biger one or maybe new headlight relay!?

Please help, thank you!

Greg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so nobody has any comments for me!

I was trying to find the Alternator wattage output form the servece manual to make sure it can handle 150 watts but didn't find it!

Any body knows what the Alternator(charging system) output is, or if it can handle 150W headlight? Thanx

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had installed a couple of 50w lights on the bike (they were $15 in walmart and they are bright!)

i used a relay, which i hooked to the cable that exits the relay for the headlights (in this way my light is on when theheadlight is on, either low or high beam)and used new and thicker cable, from the battery to the relay, relay to the light, negative from battery to the headlights.

so far, i dont have any problem with it, more than 2 weeks and several hundred miles on the bike.

but for the record, i normally put my bike in a battery tender when i arrive to my home. i have a fresh svr14 installed, but the standard battery was working fine with this setup.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Using projectors and what not for auxillary lighting is one thing, but to use it as your main light is another. In my opinion, before addressing any issues with wattage and wiring, I would make sure that the light pattern is almost the same if not better than the oem headlight. The oem Warrior headlight has a pretty decent beam pattern for a cruiser and some of the projector headlights (especially those like PIAA) have a long but narrow beam pattern. At night you want to be able to see bambie or that asshat cager popping out from the periphery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you, but I've seen the light from those projection headlight I've pictured and it's pretty powerfull! Since I'm planing to have 2 of them I'll be able to possition them at some small angle one from the other afcourse if there is a problem with the narrow pattern. The only problem if I got them work would be the single beam but will see!Thanx for the advise :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts