RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what happens to a propipe baffle at 110 mph against a fatboy. needless to say i won the baffle on the other hand lost.

Download Attachment: baffle.JPG
45.5KB

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never saw the fatboy after 80 my bike is fine the two screws holding it own must have vibrated loose at some point and i never noticed, but i sure did notice the sound as soon as the baffle fell out. the bike sound horrible with out the baffle.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wildone,
no, no, no
The baffle didn't vibrate out. You were generating so much power that it blew the mutha straight out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :^)

·
Registered
116 Posts
WHOA!

Didn't you know, no mere mortal man can baffle the Warrior at 110?
(the type of stuff I would shoot @ my old sportbike homies)
Now run it without baffles and let it "express itself" [8D]

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i was in Myrtle Beach over the weekend with 3 other bikes...a 95 Fat-Boy, an 01 Deuce and a 93 Sportie 883. needless to say, none of them were ANY competition in ANY race.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey 102-copper,
did you get your speedo glass fixed while you were down in myrtle beach?? Was curious the cost was if you did.
Flatdog

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey 102-copper,
did you get your speedo glass fixed while you were down in myrtle beach?? Was curious the cost was if you did.
Flatdog

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

My baffle is loose too. Would really suk if this thing came out, as I have the HD baffle and endcap in there.

Can it simply be tightened up or is this baffle ejection normal?

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Well my baffle is held in by the billet aluminum end cap. Given the different expansion properties of the pipe(steel) and the endcap(aluminum) what once was a tight fit that had to be slammed in there is now loose. The bolts are tight but the side where no bolts are keeps sliding back, especially when this thing backfires. Good thing I drilled out the baffle to let out some PSI otherwise I'd be looking in the cars grill that's behind me for the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
JP,
Yeah, I have the same problem with my endcap. I am just going to redrill another hole on the end where it keeps slidding out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i ordered the hd end cap from hellrisers last night had to pay an extra $20 to get it here by friday. it's suppose to rain thursday so i shouldn't miss any ride time( to blow harleys away that is) and the baffle flattened due to a truck running it over. and the more i hear this pipe with out a baffle it sounds worst imo.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
wildone, If you richen up your PC, that ProPipe will sound totally mean without a baffle. You will lose some of your wheel spinning torque though.

TJ

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i don't care much for the sound with out the baffle, sounds to hollow to me. i just got my new hellriser baffle and end cap in today and installed it in about an hour looks and sound even better

1 - 20 of 20 Posts