RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know I am going to get a lot of IMO's but that is ok because that is what I want.I have been on the exhaust thread for a couple of days. I have listened to the videos on youtube but it doesn't compare to hearing it in person. I am looking at replacing my exhaust this winter and I like the sound of the V&H big shots but dont really care for the look. I like the look of the V&H propipe but I am not sure of the sound. And lastly I like the sound of the PCS monster propipe but not too crazy about the look. I want something loud but not obnoxiously loudwith a deep throaty sound.I am willing to sacrifice looks for performance and sound to a small degree. If there is anyone that has riden with these pipes can you please give me some advice. Thanks

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I have ownned both. The propipe with the comp. baffle sounds great. To finish the look on the propipe add the chrome billet end cap.

To me the propipe looks, sounds, and performs better.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crown said:

crown, which propipe are you talking about the V&H or the PCS monster propipe? I assume it is the V&H?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The V&H BS are loud once you run through them. A steady throttle keeps em low so if you are slow leaving in the morning its not too obnoxious.

I am partial to the BS since I never had the Propipe. The BS are crisp and loud when you want them to be.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My bike came with the Big Shots and I am now running a Pro Pipe with the comp baffle and HD end cap. The poweris much better from the pro pipe also. I personally thought my Big Shots sounded terrible, they were louder than I liked.Also I went 12.83 in the 1/4 mile with the big shots and 12.52 with the pro pipe.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yep. I read that using the quiet baffles in the BS pipes will help increase TQ/HP. I like the loud.

That .31 could be rider and/or ECM settings as well. As a personal pref, I like the dual straights vs the megaphone. The exit reminds me too much of the stock H20 heater.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Marty , Since you like the look of the propipe and it is the next best performance pipe to the Speedstar pipe, I say your decision is an easy one . Propipes and the big shots both sound good IMO!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I guess it is on me now. Like I mentioned before I like the look of the black propipe but the sound of the big shots. maybe the look will grow on me.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I like the sound of the Bigshots, but Love and prefer the sound of the Propipe. There is only one King of Power, Vance & Hines Propipe. I have the competition baffle with HD Billet End Cap. I have gone through 3 sets of V&H Propipe's. Two Header pipes and 3 Megaphones. I tried and did love the Flush Cut Rineharts (best sounding pipes on the Warrior) BUT missed the Power of the Propipe.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
I am running a propipe now. I am also not a big fan of the look but it is one mean sounding setup. Best sounding pipes I have heard yet.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
DennisFranz said:
DarkStar said:
I have gone through 3 sets of V&H Propipe's. Two Header pipes and 3 Megaphones.

Are you grinding that hard? Maybe you should look into another set of pipes if you rub that much.

Nothing to do with grinding. Well, maybe a little grinding. I believe the first set I trashed the megaphone with everyday wear and tear, scratches on the pipe replaced the megaphone......Sell, purchase another set of pipes and then back to the Propipe.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
I am running the V&H propipe. I picked one up on ebay for $100. It is off a race bike so the cone is badly and I mean badly discolored but the baffel was brand new in the box. Figured if I liked it I can just get a new cone but the guys I ride with keep telling me to leave it is. They think it makes it look more bad a$$. Had to make my own bracket also but it turned out nice. Just uploaded a pic of it on my page.

·
Registered
727 Posts
crown said:
I have ownned both. The propipe with the comp. baffle sounds great. To finish the look on the propipe add the chrome billet end cap.

+1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts