RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and did not find exactly what I was looking for so........I have an 04 warrior with barons bak, ais removal, pcIII, and sampson ripsaw pipes with BCT baffles. I was looking to go with the propipe with the comp baffle or the bigshots to get more power. What does everyone recommend to increase power and keep my lean angle? I like the sound of either pipe, but with the minimal engine mods that I have, will there be a big diff in power between the two? As always thanks for the knowledge....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
If you're lookingfor moreperformance again and lean angleI'd say the Propipe with the comp baffle over the Bigshots and that end cap looks really good on it. If you don't mind the looks of a 2:1 you might consider the Speedstar exhaust also but if I had to go from my Samson's to a 2:1 to get lost performance it would be the Propipe.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I went with the propipe and have no regrets. Very important to get the competition baffle. Even more important to get the end cap. I blew out 2 baffles before I wised up and got the cap.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Based on the home made versions and the ones already being produced, I don't see how the big radius would be better for ground clearance. Most likely worse. Plus I think it looks like someone's junk needing the little blue pill... Something about the shape of the rear section just lacks some design.

The power is supposed to be best with a true two into one system. I can't stand the trumpet look of the pro pipe so I am sacrificing that difference in power and going with the big shots which has more of a cross-over pipe. It should be better than a 2 into 2 but not as good as a true 2 into 1. For performance and clearance, the propipe/ speedstar pipeseem to be the universal choice. Big radius may also provide that 2 into 1 performance but that is a bit of an unknown. Looks and sound would be the reason to go with another system.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
gchalifo said:
can you wait til the spring of 09 for the new V&H Big Radius?? I'm thinking that would be the way to go??

I just looked up the price for the Big Radius for the Raider. $735.00 big ones!!!!

I want the Big Radius real bad, but at that price I am going to get the Big Shots and a PCIII. Both of those will be about the price of the Big Radius.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I wouldn't really know but from a lot of reading on here, the propipe is accepted as providing more power but I have also read that you will scrape it if you're an aggressive rider in the twisties. It comes down to what's important to you.

Personally I have the bigshots cos twisties are my thing. Then again, I just had my first day at a Drag track and had times that tell me the bike is capable of 12.0 secs flat. Everything is stock except for Barons BAK, Big Shots & Dynoed PC3.

What that's telling me is that you can get very good power from the big shots

·
Registered
691 Posts
gtg_ozzie said:
I wouldn't really know but from a lot of reading on here, the propipe is accepted as providing more power but I have also read that you will scrape it if you're an aggressive rider in the twisties. It comes down to what's important to you.

I thought this only true if the bikeis lowered. I haven't hit my pipe although I do ride likea pansy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Finally got the BS installed- Holy bananas those things are loud. I know they will mellow a bit over time but I went ahead and ordered the quiet baffles. I do love the topend gain with the regular baffles and will hate to see that go even if the quiets provide more grunt down low...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
My Warrior was run on a dyno with std and quiet baffles and it lost 1 BHP with the quiet baffles. I don't think you can feel that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts