RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on here that many people use clear bra. I have furniture felt pads sitting in my garage. Has anyone tried this? Will it work or just go buy some clear bra lol.

Was thinking of just putting the pads under each rubber nub.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
So the clear bra goes onto the fender so that the rubber feet from the seat have something to ride on. The thing with the felt is they probably will suck up water and stay MOIST.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the clear bra goes onto the fender so that the rubber feet from the seat have something to ride on. The thing with the felt is they probably will suck up water and stay MOIST.
I didnt think of this, thank you! I hardly ever ride in rain but if I get caught I wouldnt want that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a sheet of thin adhesive clear Lexan and cut square? Or maybe the stock fender protector strips are still available, they have a part# shown on the rear fender view.
I ordered clear bra and I got the seat delivered today and it's a lot heavier then the one I have. So definitely needs something under the bumpers.

I just need to form it so the clear bra doesnt show with the other seat which would leave two rubber bumpers on the new seat unprotected.

·
Premium Member
8,812 Posts
The factory clear coat is Hard and the OEM seat rubber bumpers are quite large in diameter and help in preventing deformation to the factory protectors and clear coat.
The aftermarket seats (Corbin) use a much smaller diameter & harder durometer bumper that will penetrate and finger print the clear coat.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm grateful this topic came up! I'm getting ready to adjust the suspension after lowering it this winter so I can ride two up with the lady. Was thinking I needed something to protect the paint when I put the pillion and the sissy bar back on. Until now I wasn't aware of the Clear Bra.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
I remember getting some locally and went with the thickest I could find.....I think it was 14 or 18 mil.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember getting some locally and went with the thickest I could find.....I think it was 14 or 18 mil.
Recieved mine from amazon. Just need to figure out how to install it. Looks like spray bottle with water and dish soap I guess

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Yes you want to make sure there is no wax, dirt or anything so that the clear bra has a nice clean area to stick to.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well took me 2 hours to do it lol not bad I guess for the first time? Spent an hour trying to buff out the damage my existing seat had done and clean up the bike. Thought the chrome was ruined on some parts but i was able to buff out those as well. Bike looks brand new!

Clear bra installed, now I can try the other seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts