RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i told my dealer i pulled my motor out of my bike to do some work on the frame and i asked if i could just bring the motor in for the recall and they said, "no problem i wish everyone would pull there motors ". now i under that there is labor hours that i won't use being that i'm taking my own motor out, but i beleave that they will be willing to work something out with me on the mods i want to do so understand that the only reason for pulling my own motor is there is less of a chance that it will be damage or left outside because of lack of room in the shop. so as it stands there only getting my motor for the recall not the whole bike. now i can get some sleep knowing my bike is safe and sound under it's cover in my heated garage waiting for the backordered recall parts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's not a half bad idea if you are doing any frame work of anything that you need the extra room for. I was thinking of just taking the tins off before I took it in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just so were on the same page i'm not doing any frame work i just don't want to take my whole bike there they can have the motor, less chance of them f**king something up and i have all the time in the world to take my motor out.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I wish I a competent enough mechanic to pull my own engine. I certainly would. You know it's done right.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Whole sentence..lol[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] That's great!!! He does make a cool shirt though!![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
904 Posts
I pitched the same idea to the service manager at my dealership, and he also said no problem now I'm trying to see what I can also do with my motor with these extra labor hours I just got. I agree with NOWIFE, I put too much time & money into my bike not to know if it will be handled properly while its in the dealership. I already had the misfortune of get some scratches ( different bike) that the dealer told me were there before, when I was positive they weren't.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Ohhhh now we're talkin'. You might have to take it back to the dealer to certify that it's running to get your 90 day warranty. Make sure you get any other gaskets that may be associated with the transfer case. Nowife, where you been? Pigdog...LMAO!!!, poor Keith.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think that is a great idea, I believe Churchkey suggested that just a few days ago. Seems like the dealer would be willing to install some valve springs, pistons, etc for no extra labor, seeing as how we would be doing a major portion of the work for them. Yamaha will still pay them full recall labor, its a win win situation.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Baahhh! I was in hurry.

(Translation) If I was competent enough as a mechanic I would pull my own engine - but seeing as I can't even write a proper sentence... sometimes words speak louder than actions!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
the only concern about engine removal ive ever had was correct location of the wireing harnesses. all the connectors are different so they cant be plugged into the wrong sensor or solenoid but it never looks quite the same when im finished unless it goes back together the same day. i guess my memory the only thing shorter than my....

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Pig, You should talk bro. Try a capital letter once in a while. LOL Just bustin' on a buster! Yager now give him a good nuggie on his skull! You guys crack me up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Since I already have a set of S* cams and springs in a box, my plan was to remove the motor myself and disassemble the top end, then bring it to the dealer and have them install the new cams (and maybe new 5th gear set) as labor trade during the recall work. Meanwhile, I will:
> Send out the cylinders to OE for the 108 big bore.
> Lap in the valves and install new valve springs myself.
> Clean up any mismatch of intake manifolds to ports.

Then put the top end back together myself and re-install motor.
If I can do it before springtime, nobody is rushed, and I have confidence in the job.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yager, if your close enough, id help you. ive been a mechanic for 14 years, and tinker since 1970, (the year i was born).
it may cost ya a shirt though! where you located?
if your not close enough, im sure theres probably a brother nearby, who would help ya out. i live in beaverfalls, pa. catch ya later, gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts