RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any pullback risers that are on the market for the Warrior Bend Bars or stock bars(besides Yammi), that don't warrant extended cables?

·
Registered
4 Posts
when I searched for the same I found it was easier to just extend the cables and the brake line at $160.00 got the exact location of my bars and was cheaper then the risers sold by yamaha. I got a 16" ape hanger that worked for me and a day of hard work but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
Justice said:
Does anybody know of any pullback risers that are on the market for the Warrior Bend Bars or stock bars(besides Yammi), that don't warrant extended cables?
The Baron's Kick Back Risers are a very high quality product: http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BA%2D7410%2DU....
riverat has these risers on his '02' using the stock cables andextended length frtbrake line.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view
http://www.baronscustom.com/includes/productphoto.php?file=20070111182801.jpg&action=popup

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,711 Posts
Also the cables for the '04+ arereportedly 1" longer than the cables on the '02-'03 because starting '04 the stock handlebar pullback grew 1.5"and riser height dropped 0.5" for a total of1" longer handlebar, assuming the same cable path. My point is, if the '02 cables worked, your '05+ would have 1" to spare, using the same aftermarket handlebars and cable path.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is incredibly useful information to have!

I was just looking at these risers last night on the Baron's website. I think this may be the solution. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Put those risers on Jan '02. Could use an extra inch on the throttle cables but they work wraping them around the front of the neck. Stock clutch cable is fine. Good time to up grade to SS brake lines.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the ss braided cables already. I don't see why I would be short on any of them. I have stock risers and warrior bend bars now, with what seems to be plenty of slack in the cable runs.

How do you like the feel of the bar position with these risers? I am constantly saying to myself, as I'm going down the road, "Another 1"-2" closer would be perfect." I think that elevating the bars a couple inches would help with fatigue too. What do you think?

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Justice said:
I have the ss braided cables already. I don't see why I would be short on any of them. I have stock risers and warrior bend bars now, with what seems to be plenty of slack in the cable runs.

How do you like the feel of the bar position with these risers? I am constantly saying to myself, as I'm going down the road, "Another 1"-2" closer would be perfect." I think that elevating the bars a couple inches would help with fatigue too. What do you think?

Thats pretty much how I felt about the stock position. I must be happy with the way they are now because I have not changed the bar position since I put the risers on. The other thing I did was to wack off as much as I could from the ends of the bars. I think it was about an inch on each side, the controls are tight to the first bend in the bars. The seat is also shaved about 2" so it is relative to the bar position.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
The Warrior Bend Bars are lower, narrower and setback slightly over the stock '04' bars. Here's a very recent post that i responded to: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/119858/963824.aspx#963824

I have the Yamaha Billet Medium Risers w/ the Bend Bar which issimilar to the Baron's. You will no longer be reaching for the controls ... you can Bank on it

I'm also running stock length cables and +1-1/2" frt brake hose!

I forgot to mention thatRiverat is running the stock '02' handle bar with the Baron's Kick Back risers. Check his gallery photos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts