RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Star Billet Cam Cover work with the stock compression release cover?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Not without modification. You could do some grinding to make it fit. You should go ahead and get the compression release cover that is designed for it. Looks better, not too expensive and fits. I like your exhaust Pep. Good work.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
The common solution is to grind the CRC and not the billet cam cover. The matchingBillet CRC has always interfered with the Speed* exhaust out of the gate. Here's a couple ofexcellent posts from this thread: cam cover doesnt fit

RhatPhlegm said:
before

after

Baddone said:
I ground the first ridge off the compression release cover with a bench grinder. It didn't take much and a shot of sating black and you can't tell. I wasn't about to grind on my pretty new free chrome. [
]

GrizWarrior said:
You can use the stock CRC you just have to grind it a little. Speed* Exhaust

·
Registered
295 Posts
Pep said:
Will the Star Billet Cam Cover work with the stock compression release cover?

Fact is, with certain exhaust systems, you can't use the Star chrome compression release cover. The S* is one noted to interfere. I have Hard Krome 2.5" American Standards, and they interfere too. I bought the Star decompression cover, but I had to do the Mod that Alan described earlier using the stock peice. Took about 15 minutes with a dremel.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm going to have to grind mine as well, but did anyone else have an issue getting the cam cover to fit well? I had to tighten mine down quite a bit to get it flush, it wouldn't go on without almost forcing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts